Hello I Need Your Help From France

Decorating By Val06 Updated 19 May 2010 , 12:40pm by Val06

Val06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Val06 Posted 17 May 2010 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 16

Hello
I am very happy to be here with you
I love cake decorating, but in France it is very new and we do not find what we want
I am 45 years old and I am married
I have 2 girls 15 and 21 years
Sorry I don't speak very well, but I try
I'll go in Florida "Tampa" in July and I want to find a good teacher for cake decoration and also make sugar flowers can you help me
I show you my work, I have a blog
http://decorationgateau.canalblog.com/
Excuse me for my English, and thank you so mutch for your help

15 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 17 May 2010 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 16

Ummmm-- sorry can't help--Can't read, pronounce, spell, or understand the french language. I took German and Spanish in school icon_redface.gif

Val06 Posted 17 May 2010 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 16

Sorry I change it now

herdream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
herdream Posted 17 May 2010 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 16

Well, I am not from Florida but I just checked out your blog and your work is wonderful!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 17 May 2010 , 1:16pm
post #5 of 16

Je regrette que je ne peux pas vous aider. Mais, je veux vous dire "bienvenue a Cake Central!" J'ai regarde votre blog, et vos gateaux sont magnifiques!!!!!!!! Et, bien sur, votre anglais est tres, tres meilleur que mon francais! icon_redface.gif

oceanslayer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanslayer Posted 17 May 2010 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 16

Wish I could help more. I found these websites that may be useful. Maybe you can email them and ask if they can help or know someone who can? You may also want to make a new post and put "Attention Tampa Decorators" in the subject line.

http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_directory/rc/fl_florida/tampa/evl_cakes_desserts_bakeries.html

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS322US322&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=cake+decorating+classes+tampa&fb=1&gl=us&hq=cake+decorating+classes&hnear=tampa&cid=7789729681407886251

http://www.chantillycakes.com/

Good luck!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 May 2010 , 1:34pm
post #7 of 16

Welcome to CakeCentral!

I don't know of any schools in Fla. although, I'm sure plenty of them exist there. Tonedna along with plenty of other CCers reside in Fla., maybe they could suggest classes somewhere. Most fill up fast, so I'd suggest doing it quickly.

ETA: I'm looking at your site now...I love your characters!

Val06 Posted 17 May 2010 , 1:41pm
post #8 of 16

Thank you every body for your help and for your message
write in english is new for me and he help me for my english lesson

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:15pm
post #9 of 16

Hi, welcome to CC!! icon_lol.gif I have learned a lot with everyone in CC, plus I also go to the visual tutorials in internet. Just go to "you tube" and in their search engine put whatever you want to learn or know about and it will take you to links that has to do with that subject! icon_smile.gif if what you need is flowers, just put example: gumpaste flowers ......if it is figurine..just put gumpaste figurines or check Edna's tutorials in YOUTUBE she has wonderful tutorials in there and very well explained.You can also try and get in touch with her, because she is closer to Tampa.She is in Orlando, which is less than two hours away from Tampa by car.Her web site is "www.designmeacake.com " She might have the information that you need. By the way she gives classes in Orlando. Do you know spanish? Edna speaks spanish. I hope this helps, good luck!!! thumbs_up.gif

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:17pm
post #10 of 16

Edna speaks english and spanish!!

Val06 Posted 17 May 2010 , 5:49pm
post #11 of 16

thank's for help
I like youtube it's perfect for learning
I'm going to see edna

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:46pm
post #12 of 16

Bienvenue a Cake Central. Your blog is wonderful. I love your figurines. Everything also looks delicious! For anyone else who is interested; when you check out Val06's blog, go to some of the other links for amazing looking recipes. I have to try a paella I saw. Don't let the language intimidate you too much - even if you speak no French you will still appreciate the photos.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:00pm
post #13 of 16

Bienvenue a Cake Central. I took a few years of French in college, but never got to use it, so I can only read a little.
I used to live near Tampa.
How long will you be there? There is a college course at this web address:
http://education-portal.com/cake_decorating_classes_tampa.html

Val06 Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:25pm
post #14 of 16

Thank you
I sent a message to Art Institute of Tampa's Cake Decorating Classes
I 'm waiting for their reply

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:47pm
post #15 of 16

I vote for checking out Edna too. I think she might do Wilton classes in Orlando, not sure about that though. The Wilton classes are a good way to get your feet wet (get started), without having to pay a huge tuition fee. Also that's how Edna started. One look at her site and you'll be impressed!

Val06 Posted 19 May 2010 , 12:40pm
post #16 of 16

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
BUT WE DO NOT CAME IN USA NOW IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE FOR NOW
THANK YOU I'M LOOKING FOR YOUTUBE AND FOR A NEXT TIME .......
I WILL IN USA.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%