Help! Non Perishable Fruit Filling Recipe Needed!

Baking By mandy3689 Updated 17 May 2010 , 6:13am by indydebi

mandy3689 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandy3689 Posted 17 May 2010 , 4:36am
post #1 of 4

Hello all!
I desperately need help! I am making a 3 tier cake with 60 coordinating minis for my grandmother. The original plan for the minis was white with strawberry filling and the 3 tiers were to be chocolate with raspberry filling. Not only will it be time consuming to assemble but they all have to be ready for a 6 hour drive on Friday for a Sunday party! I CANNOT refrigerate! It suddenly occured to me (DUH!) that I cannot have fresh sliced fruit sitting in those cakes for days!
Does anyone have a berry filling recipe that is for SURE non perishable!
Does such a thing exist????

I AM SO DESPERATE!!! Please help if you can (or tell me I'm crazy)
THANKS!

3 replies
Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 17 May 2010 , 5:11am
post #2 of 4

I would have to say your best bet for a fruit filling is a sleeved filling, not one you make yourself, as anything fruit based you make yourself will not be shelf stable. I don't know, though, exactly what the limits are for length and temperature once the sleeved filling has been opened. So, even better would probably be a buttercream that you flavored with extracts or jello.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 17 May 2010 , 5:20am
post #3 of 4

I second the fruit sleeves option! If you're not big on danish filling, though, flavoring buttercream is a good option as well. Lorann's oils are great. Good luck!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:13am
post #4 of 4

sleeve fillings all the way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%