How Long In Advance Can I....

Decorating By kclovesken Updated 17 May 2010 , 3:43pm by kclovesken

kclovesken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kclovesken Posted 17 May 2010 , 12:17am
post #1 of 5

Ok I have to make some fondant decorations for my cake.....I need to do "pearls" and make some black fondant swirls. I dont want to wait till the last min to do these things as I have to decorate for the party, do the cake etc etc.

I kinda thought if I could knock out the little stuff it would save me some time in the end. So how far in advance can I make the decor and can I toss it in the fridge to hold up or how to store it. I have a walk in so plenty of room icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance for reading icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 17 May 2010 , 12:31am
post #2 of 5

I love making my fondant pearls a few days in advance and putting them in the freezer until I'm ready to place them on the cake. I don't think you can make your fondant decorations too early. I've made lots of fondant decorations that needed to be dried weeks in advance and if I want them to be pliable when applying them to a cake that's when I pop them in the freezer.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 17 May 2010 , 12:33am
post #3 of 5

You can make your fondant pieces weeks in advance, I wouldn't stick them in the fridge tho I'd put them into an airtight container.

hth

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:30am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sari66

You can make your fondant pieces weeks in advance, I wouldn't stick them in the fridge tho I'd put them into an airtight container.

hth

Ditto thumbs_up.gif I don't put mine in the fridge either.

kclovesken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kclovesken Posted 17 May 2010 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%