Filling A Cake.....brain Escaped Me

Decorating By kellikrause Updated 17 May 2010 , 12:24am by BlakesCakes

kellikrause Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellikrause Posted 16 May 2010 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 3

I've been doing this for a while as a hobby and just realized I do it different every time. If I bake 2 cakes in 2 in pans to make 1 tier of a stacked cake, do I torte each layer and fill, or just between the 2 layers. In what's left of my mind icon_smile.gif if I torte each layer (for 4 layers of cake, and 3 filling per tier) this would be double filling and a slight extra charge. Or is it better for just 2 layers with filling in between? What is standard for you expert cake decorators? Thanks!

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 16 May 2010 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 3

I like to torte each layer. Make an icing dam. Then the filling. You don,t have to use a Lot of filling. This will make this tier taste great. So , this is 3 layers of filling and then the fourth layer for the top. hth I forgot to say, i don,t charge extra for filling. It is my total price per serving.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 17 May 2010 , 12:24am
post #3 of 3

I torte my layers, but I just divide my filling in 3rds. Doing it this way, I have no problems with big bulges in the middle of the cake.

I'd never try to triple the filling--------all that would lead to is an unstable cake and a big mess.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%