Wilton Harry Potter Shaped Pan

Decorating By krae0057 Updated 17 May 2010 , 2:19am by 7yyrt

krae0057 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krae0057 Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:20am
post #1 of 6

I am trying to use Wilton's Harry Potter shaped pan. I tried baking the cake tonight, first greasing/flouring the pan. The middle of it (Harry's face) stuck to the pan.

Does anyone have any tips as to how to bake this kind of cake?

Thanks!

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:24am
post #2 of 6

How long did you cool the cake in the pan?

If cooled too long, the shortening/flour firms up again and acts like glue....

Here are the baking/decorating instructions, in case you didn't get them with your pan:

http://www.wilton.com/downloads/paninstructions/2105-5000HarryPotter.pdf

HTH

MRRRAR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MRRRAR Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:48am
post #3 of 6

I don't know if this will help you but I always use the Wilton cake release in those character pans! JanH is right on also about letting it cool too long, good luck!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:56am
post #4 of 6

I have always used Baker's Joy (a spray which includes flour) which works very well for me. I cool my character cakes in the pan on a rack for about 10 minutes before I level the cake and flip it onto a paper towel covered rack. Then I cover with a sheet of cling wrap (only the upper surface and sides, not the bottom) and set the pan back over the cake till it's cool (about 2 hours).

krae0057 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krae0057 Posted 16 May 2010 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks, everyone, for the replies! I tried using the Cake Release stuff for the first time, and it worked great! Will definitely be buying this from now on.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:19am
post #6 of 6

Glad the ladies spotted your problem, there is a nice bunch of ladies and a few gentlemen here.
Welcome to CC! Image

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%