How Do I Make A Choc Web Look On Cheesecake?

Decorating By kathik Updated 17 May 2010 , 5:08am by leahk

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:14am
post #1 of 10

Does anyone know how I can make this effect on a cheesecake? I'm pretty sure it's made with chocolate ganache and white chocolate ganache, but I don't know how to make sure this stays soft enough to cut through. I want to make sure it doesn't interfere with the creaminess of the cheesecake.

Thanks,
Kathi

9 replies
adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:35am
post #2 of 10
kathik Posted 16 May 2010 , 6:49am
post #3 of 10

That's the general look, but if I just use melted chocolate won't it get hard? Plus, I want it to be dark chocolate with a white "web" look.

Any other ideas?

I can't post a photo for some reason, but here is the exact look I want to do (remove spaces to get to website):
http://www. thedessertcafe. com/home/tdc/page_87_65/white_chocolate_cheesecake.html

Thanks again,
Kathi

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 May 2010 , 10:02am
post #4 of 10

I haven't done it with just pure chocolate, but I have done it with a ganache (made with a little more cream so it stays softer)

For the link you provided the cheesecake would be white then you would drizzle the chocolate in circles. Once on then you would takea toothpick (or other small object, maybe a cake tester) and drag it through the chocolate towards the center, and then in between all of those lines you would drag it from the center outwards.

I think this is what you're looking for? It's pretty early right now and lack of sleep is making my mind move a little slow.

kathik Posted 16 May 2010 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, that is what I'm looking for. Don't I need a recipe for ganache and white chocolate ganache to do this? I need to know how to make the ganache (ratio I guess) so the ganache isn't too firm or too soft. Any ideas how to determine this? Any good white ganache recipes?

Thanks,
Kathi

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 16 May 2010 , 1:50pm
post #6 of 10

It looks to me like they glazed the entire top of the cake with white and then did the chocolate rings to make the web.

kathik Posted 16 May 2010 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 10

Okay, well I know I want to use ganache. Does anyone have a white chocolate ganache recipe that will be softish? I don't want the chocolate to be hard on top of a nice creamy cheesecake!

Thanks,
Kathi

leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 16 May 2010 , 6:18pm
post #8 of 10

For the chocolate ganche I would say 1:1- that will firm up a bit, but not too much.

Another option for the white would be a sour cream topping. I do this often on cheesecake- mix abt a cup of sour cream with 1 pkg vanilla sugar. Then pipe the chocolate ganche on and web it. I usually put it back into the hot oven for a few minutes to let it set.

Good luck!

kathik Posted 16 May 2010 , 6:40pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks leahk. I'll try the 1:1 ratio. If I want to use white chocolate ganache, is it the same ratio? I seem to remember it is different. I don't want to do the sour cream, because this is on top of a chocolate cheesecake and I want the dark ganache to be the base, with the white as the "webbing".

Thanks,
Kathi

leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 17 May 2010 , 5:08am
post #10 of 10

White chocolate is a totally different consistancy. Maybe try 1.5:1?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%