Petit Fours

Baking By Jerilynnn Updated 17 May 2010 , 1:25am by Jerilynnn

Jerilynnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jerilynnn Posted 16 May 2010 , 1:13am
post #1 of 3

Hi, I am new to cake central.......I have always adored petit fours and decided that I would like to make them. I thought...........they can't be that hard. So far the cake part has been easy. I need help with icing recipes and tips. The icing recipe I used is SO sweet. I saw one that had chocolate and whipping cream in it, has anyone ever used it? The other problem I had was removing the petit fours from the rack after they cooled. The icing cracked right up the sides. Any tricks to getting the icing all the way down on all sides? I would appreciate any helpful tips! Thanks, Jerilynnn

2 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 16 May 2010 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 3

Check the recipe section for some simple poured fondant recipes. After dipping, my PF's go on a piece parchment paper. When firm I use a fillet knife and cut the "feet" off to release the product. Then I place in candy cups to package. My wish list includes a donut glazer.....

Jerilynnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jerilynnn Posted 17 May 2010 , 1:25am
post #3 of 3

Thanks! I'll have to try that! Sounds like you dip yours rather than pour over them on a rack. Do you just use your fingers or do you put them on any kind of utensil?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%