(Cricut Alert !!!) Some Of You May Have Already Seen This ..

Decorating By tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Updated 23 May 2010 , 9:17am by tony_sopranos_ebony_girl

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:13am
post #31 of 40

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl! Hello, I was looking thru the forum today and guest what I saw? Someone has used the slice cutting machine on a frosting sheet and it worked. My jaw dropped open. I'm sure the company just doesn't want to be liable for anything because it initial use is for paper/materieals, wasn't set up to be used for food. But......there is the possibilty(lol) I just want to practice until I can afford the Silhouette or the cricut cake. Just a thought. Thanks for responding to my questions.
Hammy

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:40am
post #32 of 40

For those of you that have worked with this, can you tell us how it is to work with? They have the starter kit on sale for $49 plus $9.50 shipping, is this a good deal?

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:45pm
post #33 of 40

Hammy No Way !!! thumbs_up.gif
That is awesome if you do any cuts please post them so I can see !!!

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 20 May 2010 , 6:25pm
post #34 of 40

Thanks for this post. You all have successfully peaked my interest in SugarVeil. However, I don't have an electronic cutter. Are there any inexpensive, good to practice with machines on the market?

HamSquad Posted 20 May 2010 , 7:39pm
post #35 of 40

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl and Mrs. AB
Here is the forum post on the Slice cutter:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-68103.html
It is titled Cutting images from icesheets with my slice by brigittatw in the cake decorating forum. JoAnn's has the Slice Machine on sale online for $119.99, reg price $149.99. Also Slice now has a 12"x 12" glass cutting board. HTH
Hammy

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 20 May 2010 , 7:54pm
post #36 of 40

HamSquad - the link you posted is for something about powdered sugar and not the Slice cutter......

HamSquad Posted 20 May 2010 , 9:58pm
post #37 of 40

Linstead
Sorry the post did not work it is for using the Slice Machine for cutting frosting sheets and rice paper. Just look in forums, click on cake decorating and scroll thru until you find the name of the topic I put in prev post for the picture of frosting sheet cut with the Slice. HTH.
Hammy

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 20 May 2010 , 10:57pm
post #38 of 40
HamSquad Posted 22 May 2010 , 6:26pm
post #39 of 40

The Slice Cutting Machine is on sale at Michaels also! I was just sent the Michaels e-mail. They are running a sale. HTH.
Hammy

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 23 May 2010 , 9:17am
post #40 of 40

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%