Cancellation On First Big Order

Sugar Work By MariaK38 Updated 14 May 2010 , 4:31pm by mamawrobin

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 5

Well, my first big wedding buckeyes order for next week just cancelled. I've bought almost everything but hadn't started making them yet. Thank goodness peanut butter and powdered sugar will keep, and butter can be frozen.
I'm disappointed, but I've learned that people can cancel at the last minute and think nothing of it. At least I got the deposit up front and she didn't ask for it back.
I was so looking forward to this. How do you deal with disappointment, especially when first starting out?

Maria

4 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 5

I find it satisfying to create the order on a small scale and photograph it and upload it to my site then donate the piece...all the while, making mental notes as to how long certain details take and any problems experienced.

If nothing else, I have a new addition to my site's gallery as well as a few more people knowing that my work exists.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 5

I'm curious. In your first thread about this bride you said she was frantic and had ordered from you (last minute) because her initial order for favors "fell thru". Why on earth would she have solved her problem only to cancel? icon_eek.gif

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 14 May 2010 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 5

yeah, I don't get that, either. I didn't ask how those favors fell through, but now I kind of wish I had. I'm thinking that now they've decided not to have favors at all because I can't imagine them finding something nice or memorable with almost no time left before their wedding.
She said her fiance wanted to "go in a different direction." He was on the phone when she made the order with me, why couldn't he have raised concerns then?
I just don't get it. Oh well... thank goodness for the non refundable deposit. Now I have $60 in free peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter, which will all keep. Thank goodness I hadn't started on them yet... I was going to start today.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaK38

yeah, I don't get that, either. I didn't ask how those favors fell through, but now I kind of wish I had. I'm thinking that now they've decided not to have favors at all because I can't imagine them finding something nice or memorable with almost no time left before their wedding.
She said her fiance wanted to "go in a different direction." He was on the phone when she made the order with me, why couldn't he have raised concerns then?
I just don't get it. Oh well... thank goodness for the non refundable deposit. Now I have $60 in free peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter, which will all keep. Thank goodness I hadn't started on them yet... I was going to start today.

No kidding. icon_lol.gif I'm just glad it worked out so well for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%