What Should I Use To Roll And Work My Gum Paste?

Decorating By KayMc Updated 14 May 2010 , 5:54am by tonedna

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 14 May 2010 , 5:18am
post #1 of 2

I have just started with learning to make gum paste flowers, and have been using a Wilton rolling mat to roll on top of my kitchen counter to roll out the gum paste and then use as a work surface.

Edna's videos (THANK YOU, EDNA!!) show her using a celpad. Should I be using this? Does it work better? Thanks for your advice.

1 reply
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 14 May 2010 , 5:54am
post #2 of 2

The celboard is your best bet..But hey...it's me..Edna
lol..Hope you enjoyed the video!
The celboard is the one that has the grooves on one side an the other side is smooth. There are different ones. One that is completely smooth and one that is smaller than the one I use. I prefer the one I use because it has enough are to work, the smallest one is to small for my taste and the big one doesnt have the grooves por making the petals.

I love mine...and wouldn't live without it!

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%