Make Modelling Chocolate?

Baking By jayne1873 Updated 16 May 2010 , 5:17am by kitty122000

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 11

Can you make it yourself or do you have to buy it? Sorry but my pc is playing up and cannot search for anything.
Thanks

10 replies
kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 13 May 2010 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 11

here you go:

KristasKakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristasKakes78 Posted 13 May 2010 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 11

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1985/candy-clay-for-modeling-3d-figures

Great recipe for easy and tasty modeling chocolate

jayne1873 Posted 14 May 2010 , 11:47am
post #4 of 11

Thanks for that, looks like it wouldnt be too difficult. We dont have light corn syrup here but have read on internet it is like our Golden Syrup so will try that.
One other question, how long does it last once made?

Thanks

cookiesbyms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiesbyms Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:00pm
post #5 of 11

Just to let you know golden syrup wont work. Not sure what you could substitude for corn syrup.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:22pm
post #6 of 11

where abouts are you? i live in aust. and we dont have corn syrup readily available, i sub it out with glycose, which is basically the same, except thicker.

as for the modeling chocolate, i had a little experiment tonight and foudn that if you melt the chocolate down, spread it ona sheet and let it cool a little, you can use it as clay just as is! now you have to get it at just the right conisistency for this to work, but this is pretty easy, ie, have a turn, find its too soft, let it cool a bit longer.. find its to hard, zap it or warm it with the heat from your hands (depending on how hard its got). youve just got to work relatively fast is all!

otherwise this is another recipe i have used and it works great!! just didnt have the time to make it tonight.. ok.. maybe i did.. but i was feeling a little lazy.. haha

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2091/white-chocolate-paste-for-making-roses

i found it easier than the other recipe, which i never have any luck with. my chocolate always seem to seize when i add the glucose with the other recipe...

hth. =)

joknee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joknee Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:25pm
post #7 of 11

On this same note, awhile back a cc'er made a Pepe le Pew cake using rkt and modeling chocolate. I can no longer find that info- does anybody know the how to's on that? TIA

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:27pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmummy

where abouts are you? i live in aust. and we dont have corn syrup readily available, i sub it out with glycose, which is basically the same, except thicker.

as for the modeling chocolate, i had a little experiment tonight and foudn that if you melt the chocolate down, spread it ona sheet and let it cool a little, you can use it as clay just as is! now you have to get it at just the right conisistency for this to work, but this is pretty easy, ie, have a turn, find its too soft, let it cool a bit longer.. find its to hard, zap it or warm it with the heat from your hands (depending on how hard its got). youve just got to work relatively fast is all!

otherwise this is another recipe i have used and it works great!! just didnt have the time to make it tonight.. ok.. maybe i did.. but i was feeling a little lazy.. haha

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2091/white-chocolate-paste-for-making-roses

i found it easier than the other recipe, which i never have any luck with. my chocolate always seem to seize when i add the glucose with the other recipe...

hth. =)

Thanks so much for posting this! I got as far as working out that the US recipes don't work as our glucose is too thick to sub for corn syrup but having ruined a lot of good chocolate I hadn't had the heart to experiment any further! Might have to try again now!

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:54pm
post #9 of 11

haha i went through a decent amount of chocolate before i figured it out.. kept think water must have got on my mixing spoon maybe? did i cook it too long? should i warm the glucose before i add it to teh chcolate? yea, it just didnt work.. lol

the recipe link there DOES work though=)

jayne1873 Posted 14 May 2010 , 4:59pm
post #10 of 11

Well I have found a shop here that sells a few US items and guess what Light Corn Syrup!!! v excited and plan to have a play.

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:17am
post #11 of 11

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%