We Must Take Care Of Our Bodies!

Lounge By sugarcheryl Updated 14 May 2010 , 4:41pm by SS385Monte

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 19

Hey everybody I just wanted to tell you all. I had some health challenges early part of the year. So I wasn't doing any cakes hardly. But I started get my strength back thank God. But how many know how it is when you keep saying your going to get back in shape and lose weight. I start and stop with the exercise till finally I've been working out for over a month. Lost 6 inches besides I have a wedding at the end of May that I need to get in this dress. But today I see and feel the pay off. I have a wedding cake for this weekend and a specialty cake for tomorrow and I've been working 10 hrs and I feel great and strong. Feet a little tired but my back doesn't bother me like usually working on the abs help. So if you can it will do your body good if you workout often and right now I'm just doing Walk away the pounds. Just wanted to share. icon_biggrin.gif

18 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 19

Congrats on your new fitness and inch loss, I bet you look fabulous in your frock icon_smile.gif

crazymomof4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazymomof4 Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 19

Good for you!!! I can not tell you how many monday's I have in a week saying I am going to get in shape and shed these extra pounds. Thanks for the insperation. But I have to say the hardest part of sticking to a diet is when I bake a new cake I have not made before. I just have to try it. Keep up the good work.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 19

Congrats on your weight loss! You are sooooo right. Being in good health is half the battle in this game of life. You only get one body so its best that you treat it right icon_smile.gif

GGFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GGFan Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:18pm
post #5 of 19

Congratulations!! I recently lost 15 lbs on weight watcher as well and feel good. Like you say. I feel like I could do more things. Keep on walking icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 19

Congrats!

Losing weight can make a difference in how you feel, not just physically but also mentally. I am more happier now that I have lost weight, and like you said it is easier to do things.

annieliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieliz Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 19

Congratulations!! I need to get on this band wagon! I'm one of those that always says i need to lose weight and get myself in better shape but I always come up with an excuse to not do it. Need somebody to light a fire under my butt icon_razz.gif

TexasSugar Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:59pm
post #8 of 19

Those of you that are ready to lose but just need some help and support can find it on the Chunky Monkey Weight Loss thread. We are just a group of average people with busy lives working our way into skinner pants the realistic way. icon_smile.gif

sugarcheryl Posted 13 May 2010 , 10:07pm
post #9 of 19

Thanks everybody. I will say for those who say to themselves I need to don't give up it's never to late to start. Congrats to you GGFan. Oh crazymomof4 I'm still going to taste my cakes but I will just make adjustments. I don't believe in deny yourself of all the sweet treats. Balance I say.

cor39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cor39 Posted 13 May 2010 , 10:11pm
post #10 of 19

Congrats! Hope everything continues to go well. I too would like to jump on the bandwagon - I am not currently trying to lose weight, but I did stop smoking. I have smoked for 25 years and have been smoke free for 16 days! This is one of the hardest things I have ever done. So to everyone out there trying to get healthy - keep on striving to reach your heath goals.

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 13 May 2010 , 10:37pm
post #11 of 19

I am doing walking away the pounds too, and I love it!! Started it about 2 months ago and I feel a huge difference! Love It! Keep up the good work!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:05am
post #12 of 19

I agree completely! In June of 2009 I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. After years of being mostly sedentary following a knee injury, I got off my (HUGE) butt and started to move.

I've lost 89lbs (so far) and have gone from a size 26-28 to a loose 16 (so far). I can work all day without getting too tired.
I have energy and stamina. I sleep better. I exercise for 20 mins after each meal, either a walk in my neighborhood or ride my stationary bike while I watch TV. My labs are all normal now and I am not on any meds. I am healthier than I have been in years.

Bonus is that my couch potato husband also walks with me and rides the bike, too.

sugarcheryl Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:20am
post #13 of 19

That is great reganlyn and sugarfrosted I love to hear success stories. We sugar artist keep it moving!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:37am
post #14 of 19

This thread is good timing. I want to lose weight so I can look great in the photos for my son's wedding this coming October. Even tho' I was doing a LOT of walking on campus this past semester, I'm still feeling stiff and achey when I get up in the morning. This extra weight is not doing my arthritis any good at all. I've been thinking of joining Weigh Watchers, but I know that "thinking" ain't "doing"! icon_redface.gif

Your story is motivating!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:51am
post #15 of 19

I have gained 31 pounds since last year. icon_cry.gif My granddaughter will be one year old June 13TH and when she was born I wore a size 2 jeans. Today I don't even know what size I wear becaue all I wear is capri stretch pants. I am depressed over this weight gain and I've got to make some changes. I'm very short so a size 2 isn't skinny for me but a good healthy size. I'll be 50 in December and my goal is to be back in the jeans that I wore to the hospital the day my granddaughter was born. icon_smile.gif

To the op...so happy to hear that you're health is better and that you're on a better path. I need the inspiriation so thanks for sharing. thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:28pm
post #16 of 19

Indy, Mamawrobin, and anyone else looking to lose weight, come join us!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-635076-930.html

There is alot of great advice on the thread if you have time to go back and read through parts of it. icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:27pm
post #17 of 19

Thank you Texas thumbs_up.gif I need all of the support I can get. I live in a house full of skinny people icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Posted 14 May 2010 , 4:20pm
post #18 of 19

Darn those naturally skinny people!

The Chunky Monkeys can totally relate to eating/dieting struggles when naturally thin people don't always understand.

SS385Monte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SS385Monte Posted 14 May 2010 , 4:41pm
post #19 of 19

I love the Walk Away the Pounds videos. They are nice and low impact, but still a good workout. I've also had really good luck with www.sparkpeople.com for losing weight (I think someone on here actually recommended it). It has everything you need and is FREE.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%