My First Disaster

Decorating By letem_eat_cakes Updated 20 May 2010 , 2:08pm by scociny

letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 10

well it happened. I am in the process of making my sisters birthday cake and I fell. icon_redface.gif

Luckily I had only just put the fondant on it and not the decorations. although now i will have to get more fondant and stay up to finish it tonight.

from now on, puppy AND toys are locked in the living room for All cakes no matter what. icon_mad.gif

I slipped on a puppy toy that was on the floor.I usually let the dogs sit in the kitchen on the rug by the door or the sink to watch if it is just a family cake otherwise they are in the living room or outside.

Scrapped up my knee pretty badly and freaked myself out over the baby. I even called the dr just to be sure. Everything is fine of corse since I landed on my knees but I am a self proclaimed worrier. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for letting me vent

9 replies
MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 10

Oh I'm sorry about your fall! I'm very happy to hear that everything is well with your baby, and that you can save the cake is a bonus. icon_wink.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 10

Glad that you're ok. thumbs_up.gif You are expecting right? BE CAREFUL icon_lol.gif
Did you drop the cake or just damage it? Glad that it wasn't a finished cake.

I'm not crazy about dogs being in the kitchen whether I'm baking or not. I don't even have a dog in my house. Probably because my best friend does and when I visit her I get dog hair all over my clothes and I hate it. icon_lol.gif

I do have toys all over the floor that belong to my granddaughter. Don't you hate stepping on a lock block in the middle of the night, barefoot, walking to the bathroom? icon_cry.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Glad that you're ok. thumbs_up.gif You are expecting right? BE CAREFUL icon_lol.gif
Did you drop the cake or just damage it? Glad that it wasn't a finished cake.

I'm not crazy about dogs being in the kitchen whether I'm baking or not. I don't even have a dog in my house. Probably because my best friend does and when I visit her I get dog hair all over my clothes and I hate it. icon_lol.gif

I do have toys all over the floor that belong to my granddaughter. Don't you hate stepping on a lock block in the middle of the night, barefoot, walking to the bathroom? icon_cry.gif

My daughter has "TASTED" 2 finished cakes.... I had to redo almost the whole thing.... now I put a gate on the kitchen... she is banned from it when I have a ready cake...

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 10

dalis..I'm just waiting for that to happen. Cali will be one next month and she loves icing. The day is coming I'm sure that she'll do the same. icon_lol.gif

aarklay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aarklay Posted 13 May 2010 , 11:27pm
post #6 of 10

Oh dear! Glad you and bub are ok, they are pretty safe in there. I was worried with my last pregancy coz my 2 year old thought it was fun to hit and kick mummy's funny big belly, until it got through to her that there is a baby in there lol.
Glad you can save the cake too.
I know exactly what you're talking about Robin when stepping on toys in the middle of the night ouch! lol. All through the cake making process my 2 year old wants to get in there and "help" and peek her eyes over the bench saying "ooooo, cake!". Sometimes I keep little scrap bits of cake or little balls of fondant to give her and order her and her following toys back to her playroom or lounge, it works icon_smile.gif (don't worry she's as skinny as a rake and has good teeth icon_razz.gif)
Hope your cake turned out nicely, Im sure your sister will love it how ever it comes icon_smile.gif.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:11am
post #7 of 10

So sorry to hear you fell. And glad you got to salvage the cake.

BTW: The babies are so small at this point that there's a whole lotta cushion(Ammniotic fluid) protecting it. Congrats again on your pregnancy!

letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 15 May 2010 , 7:10am
post #8 of 10

Okay it is not letting me attach a pic. I will place it in my photos.

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 15 May 2010 , 12:12pm
post #9 of 10

I was 9 months pregnant and fell forward as I was crossing the street. I've never seen so many people swarm another person in my life. I was completely freaked out (but didn't let all of those strangers know that.) The doc said if I was okay the baby was definitely okay. Like another person said, babies are cushioned well.

I am so paranoid I will drop a cake. I'm sorry it happened to you.

scociny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scociny Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:08pm
post #10 of 10

glad you are alright! I was in a car accident very early on in my pregnancy. Called the doctor, they told me to come in ASAP, did an ultrasound and got to see the heartbeat for the first time! Like someone else said, there is so much cushion in there for the little ones. Congrats on your little one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%