A Biscuit??? Yep. A Biscuit. With Syrup. *help*

Decorating By mrsbriggs06 Updated 13 May 2010 , 2:05am by mrsbriggs06

mrsbriggs06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbriggs06 Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:27am
post #1 of 3

uhm.. yeah.. I'm the queen of unique lately.

I have someone asking about a biscuit cake.. with syrup.

I'm as far as "well, tinted piping gel for the syrup".....

I reckon it won't be too much different than doing a hamburger bun.. except that it will be.
Biscuits are rough and bumpy and browned... Not like what a finished cake should look like!

I've got an airbrush in my arsenal.. I'm just not sure if I should try fondant or b/c... I feel like b/c might be better for making it uneven and making the sides look.. well.. like a biscuit.

Any ideas? Would you believe I couldn't find anything tagged 'biscuit' in the gallery? *& my forum search is showing threads for whatever i search on and then going to a blank page.*

2 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:52am
post #2 of 3

Nice pictures of biscuits:

http://shortbreadsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/biscuits-final-post.jpg

I'd probably still go with the fondant...,nice thing is you don't have to worry about a perfectly iced cake underneath haha.

I'd ice the top unevenly and bumpy and then sides straight, but then just casually, nothing too smooth.

Cover in fondant...

Hmmm.

I'm thinking you could get a texturing tool and do alot of work on the sides, making ridges and then pulling out texture with the tool. Add a bit of texture on the top but not as much as the sides.

You maybe could even ice the cake in some kind of textured icing like cookies n cream or something to help....

I'm sure somebody else will be of more help!

mrsbriggs06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbriggs06 Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:05am
post #3 of 3

that's EXACTLY the site i had pulled up!!! lol!
I was looking at that EXACT photo!!!

yeah... i think i can make this happen....
i mean. what choice to I have? it will make a 75yr old man's day! I have to do it!

& i think you're right about fondant.. plus I could probably make it look knobbier/flaky.. using pieces of thick/thin fondant adhered with water...

it'll be interesting, that's for sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%