I Was Called Cheap!!

Decorating By tsal Updated 14 May 2010 , 4:04am by Butterfly325

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 13 May 2010 , 11:59pm
post #61 of 64

She's going to claim or at least imply that she paid for the cake.

She wants a huge one, so people will think she spent a lot of money and be impressed.

Julie_S Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie_S Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:24am
post #62 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsal

Hi,

I'm preparing a bridal shower cake for dh's friend's fiancée's shower this weekend. I spoke to the mother of the bride and she told me that she is expecting 50 people. I decided to make a 2-tier round cake (6" and 10"). I told the mother of the bride this and she asked how many people that serves and I said "50" and she said, "well don't you think that's a little cheap? Make extra in case people want more."

I was a little taken aback. I'm a hobby baker (not in business). what size should I make? This is a free cake, by the way.

Did she mean that you were cheap for suggesting a cake with 50 servings or did she mean that she would come off as cheap as the host of the party with a 50 serving cake? She may have meant the latter but it's hard to tell. I hate it when somebody says something and you're taken off guard by your emotions so you don't ask for clarification and it bothers you later on.

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:55am
post #63 of 64

You know what? I wouldn't lose any more sleep over this. I told you what it cost for the cake for my daughters baby shower. Even a simple cake is expensive, and like others have stated, just the ingredients are expensive. Never mind the time it will take you. Like I said, stick to your game plan, and chalk it up to some people just having to be a know it all.
Just one favor though. If you smash the cake on her head cause she doesn't like it will you please post a picture of it? Please?

Butterfly325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterfly325 Posted 14 May 2010 , 4:04am
post #64 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

A 2-layer 10/12 serves 38+56=94 ..roughly half of that would be close to the 57.

A 2-layer 8/10 serves 24+38=62 .... roughly half of that would be close to the 39.

Oh! That makes more sense! Thanks indydebi icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%