Need A Mousse Filling For A Wasc Cake Asap!

Baking By cup cakes Updated 18 May 2010 , 7:28am by pattycakes55d

cup cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cup cakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 6

hi,

I hope someone can help me with this. I have to make a WASC cake this weekend. like we all know this cake is dense and i need a mousse filling that is not too fluffy and that does not squash the cake and come out of the sides. (cos the cake is heavy)

can some one Pleeeeaaaseee give me a mousse recipe or any other good filling that i can put like 1/2 inch of filling or so.

the icing im using is sweetex with creme bouquet flavoring ( wedding buttercream icing)

please help!

hafee

5 replies
cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 6

Do you have access to bettercreme? If so I make a chocolate mousse with one box chocolate pudding, 3/4 cup of milk, mix, add to mixing bowl along with bettercreme (2 cups), mix......it comes out just the right consistancy for wasc.I put my mousse into a pastry bag and pipe it onto the layers to get a level amount. I also add fresh strawberries to the top of the chocolate mousse. This combo is picked by about 90% of the brides who order their cakes from me.

cup cakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 6

yes i do have access to BC. can u pl. tell me if the chocolate box ur refering to is the instand pudding powder form?
thanks

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 6

You can do a Bettercreme mousse that doesn't require refrigeration if you don't use dairy products. I do this all of the time because you never know how someone will handle a cake after delivery.

Beat the Bettercreme until it forms soft peaks. Take the instant pudding mix and add hot water to it until it is like loose school paste. Add some of the beaten Bettercreme this mixture and then add that to the rest of the beaten Bettercreme. Voila--non dairy mousse that is shelf stable for 5 days!!

You can do it with any flavor of instant pudding and if you can find them, Dr. Oetker mousse mixes.

HTH
Rae

cup cakes Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:56am
post #5 of 6

thanks guys i sure will try them in the future

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:28am
post #6 of 6

I'm glad you have a recipe now. The chocolate mousse and strawberries sounds so yummy. Are the strawberries fresh and cut thinly or is it more of a strawberry compote? This is a dumb question but I'm not sure what bettercreme is?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%