Airbrush

Decorating By jacquijenkins Updated 10 May 2010 , 6:57pm by mtaylor10099

jacquijenkins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacquijenkins Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 4

With airbrushing, do you have to use airbrush amerimist or can I use the americolor soft gel paste and dilute it? Not sure if I have any other option other than air brush specific paint. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! Jacqui

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 4

Do not use diluted colors as the particles found in the gel paste can get into the airbrush nozzle and clog.The Amerimists are designed to use right from the bottle with no clogs.You can mix colors and use white to tone down purple or blues for lavender or light blue etc...

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 4

No gel colors, only the airbrush specific stuff, I"m having to "build up" an arsenal of airbrush colors just like I did with my gels. To me it gets confusing when I think I already have a color but I really don't dunce.gif .

mtaylor10099 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtaylor10099 Posted 10 May 2010 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 4

Hi there,
I just ordered my airbrush waiting for it to arrive. My question is I noticed they have .65 oz, 4.5oz, and 9oz sizes. How quickly do you go through the colors? For example to spray a 12" cake would you go through alot of paint? Hope this makes sense, just not sure what is the best size bottle to order, since I am not experienced in airbrushing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%