Cricut Vs Cricut Cake

Decorating By deetmar Updated 12 May 2010 , 1:16pm by deetmar

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:12pm
post #1 of 6

I haven't been around much lately, very busy, but I was wondering if there is a thread on the Cricut vs Cricut Cake? I have done a search and haven't come up with much. At one time someone told me there was a separate place for Cricut stuff, but I can't find it.

I have the Expression, and really don't want to pay for another one if it isn't necessary. I called the company and they told me they weren't interchangeable.

Can anybody help?

5 replies
Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 6

simply click on forum then click search and type in cricut and it should pull of several discussions

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 6

There are hundreds and hundreds of posts on this topic.

ALL of the cake techniques were developed on the Expressions. I'm not going to buy another one. Mostly because I don't want my $ to support a company like ProvoCrafts. Look for that thread also.

Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 6

I have the expresion too and it works great. The expression has been used for years, before the cake was even invented. Now eveyone acting like the just got to have the cake. As the saying goes why fix it when its not broken.

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 6

Look at t his link. There is a 3 part series on comparing the two.

http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com/

I want to purchase the expressions, just because I will get my moneys worth, because I have to elementary aged children and I also taught and will have to go back soon,

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 12 May 2010 , 1:16pm
post #6 of 6

I wish they would open a new forum just for Cricut. It would be nice for all the posts on this to be in one place.

I don't really know what's been going on, but I do know that Linda was a huge help to me when I got my expression.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%