Kitchenaid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer Ksm150Ps

Decorating By Creative_chika Updated 12 May 2010 , 7:00pm by Joyfull4444

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 15

I'm planning on buying the KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer KSM150PS for 200.00, and would like to know if any one has any reviews on it? I'm not up to date with the KA world!

Thanks in advance!
Happy Caking! icon_smile.gif

14 replies
AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 15

I have a blue one I got at christmas. I love mine!! $200 isn't a bad price either

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 15

KA has a lifetime warranty. They send a new one and pay the return shipping on the "defective" one. Even something as simple as the plastic cover on the speed lever being cracked. They have replaced my "pro" model twice. I have never used the Artisan, but 200 bucks is a good price. I can tell you I do prefer the bowl that lifts up and down over the beater case that flips back. The ad ons (pasta machine, sausage maker,...) are a bit pricey.

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 15

I have had my KA (and used it) for 20+ years. It is fabulous and is the workhorse of my baking business.

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:08pm
post #5 of 15

that's the one i have and it's been great!

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 15

I'm buying it on ebay, do you think its good 4 the price, and its new in box?

Thanks so much for answering! icon_wink.gif

cas17 Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:54pm
post #7 of 15

actually i got mine 2 years ago on amazon.com for that same price with free shipping. now they are $239, so, yes that is a good price if it's new in the box and not a refurbished one and they are not zinging you for shipping icon_smile.gif

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:03pm
post #8 of 15

I just bought mine Saturday on amazon.com. It was $200 but it all depended on the color. The ones that amazon were selling (as opposed to others who list their stuff on amazon) were the ones for $200 and were your basic colors....white, black, red. I went with red. icon_biggrin.gif My sister has an Artisan and LOVES it.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:10pm
post #9 of 15

Ive had my Artisan for 15 years now. I use it heavily and never had a problem with it. Infact I would love to buy a second one to make my cakes faster. You cant beat the quality of KitchenAide. I own their confection stove and their dishwasher as well. So I say go for it!

cas17 Posted 10 May 2010 , 8:20pm
post #10 of 15

thanks, that's good to know that amazon still has their specials on the KA for $200. I need a back up so I will have to check their site a bit more.

GinnyK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinnyK Posted 10 May 2010 , 9:35pm
post #11 of 15

I got mine about 2 years ago -- on Amazon, a discontinued color, for a little less than $200. It's absolutely spectacular. I'm just getting around to kneading bread with it, but so far, so good. It's great for cakes, buttercream, fondant, royal, etc.
By the way -- I also got a big paddle beater that scrapes the sides as it beats. It has rubbery wings on it. This, too, is great -- you hardly have to scrape the bowl down at all. Pricey, but I bought it at the same time I bought my mixer, and I figured that was so cheap I could get the beater.
I think KA's accessories are kind of expensive. I don't have any. But you never know .... icon_biggrin.gif

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 10 May 2010 , 9:46pm
post #12 of 15

Jenny: You are only about 2 hours from the Kitchen Aid Experience/outlet in Greenville, Ohio. You should make a trip there!! What they have in the basement outlet varies - but sometimes you can find used bowls for $5!!

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:27pm
post #13 of 15

I got mine from Kohl's - with a 30% discount and a $40 rebate (and a $12 free magazine or rebate) mine was a bit less money. The knob did break after about 6 mos, but they sent a new one and paid for shipping of the old one back. That one had a couple issues so they sent another one very quickly - good customer service, for sure.

cas17 Posted 12 May 2010 , 1:25am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicuppie

KA has a lifetime warranty. They send a new one and pay the return shipping on the "defective" one. Even something as simple as the plastic cover on the speed lever being cracked. They have replaced my "pro" model twice. I have never used the Artisan, but 200 bucks is a good price. I can tell you I do prefer the bowl that lifts up and down over the beater case that flips back. The ad ons (pasta machine, sausage maker,...) are a bit pricey.

not sure about that lifetime warranty...i was given for free an old lift bowl version of the KA 5qt that was not working. when i called KA they asked for the serial # and said it was over 10 years old and if i would like i could purchase their shipping kit for $32 to send it to them to run a diagnostic to see what was wrong. then they would call me and let me know the problem and the cost to fix it and i could decide if i wanted to proceed. if not then it would be $25 for the test. haven't decided yet what i want to do. a backup mixer would certainly come in handy icon_rolleyes.gif

Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyfull4444 Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:00pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicuppie

I have two KA's, my old trusty gal from years back and the new anniversary model with the glass bowl that I got free with points. Neither one of them have or had a lifetime warranty. My new one is 1 yr warranty and my old one came with only a 1 yr warranty.

I think thats great you've not had any problems with replacement. Good for you! thumbs_up.gif
I Have a couple friends on another site that haven't been as lucky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%