How To Organize Your Supplies

Decorating By cakeladyatLA Updated 10 May 2010 , 11:40am by Rose_N_Crantz

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 10 May 2010 , 7:30am
post #1 of 7

I have a ton of stuff in my garage, and I never seem to keep things organized, there are things I know I have but when it comes the time that I might use it... I cant find them! do you have any pictures to post of your organized supplies, or any ideas? I'm desperate. Thanx.

Patty*

6 replies
tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 10 May 2010 , 8:05am
post #2 of 7

What I did to get organized was to buy plastic see through drawers. I bought the ones that are stackable. They were purchased from Aldi and Big Lots. For my boxes, pans and cake containers I have shelving. Sorry I don't have any pictures.

QueenMo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenMo Posted 10 May 2010 , 8:23am
post #3 of 7

i have to agree, the see through plastic drawers are great.i get them from walmart, and they come in different colors if that sort of thing is important to you, icon_smile.gif but they're absolutely great.

aarklay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aarklay Posted 10 May 2010 , 8:40am
post #4 of 7

I've only just started cake decorating and already have loads of supplies so I can only imagine how much you'd have. So far I have been using the see through plastic boxes that stack and I'm lucky enough to have a large pantry so I have two of the shelves for my pans, bowls and boxes etc.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 10 May 2010 , 10:55am
post #5 of 7

same thing here, I use the plastic bins from target that stack. I label the outside even though they are see thru. Keeps everything neat and clean.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 10 May 2010 , 11:02am
post #6 of 7

Some where on here if JanH stops by she hunts stuff up well there is a thread on this very thing from years past where people showed what they used and their kitchens and such. Some even uise the mens stacking tool drawers from Sears. Lots used the see through totes. Stacking is key also.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 10 May 2010 , 11:40am
post #7 of 7

I recently acquired a turning spice rack from my mother. Since I do not like things on my countertops, I dumped out the spices and used the jars to store my piping tips. Works wonderfully. For the other stuff I have see through drawers. In my pantry I have a kitchen island on wheels that I keep my kitchenaid and other baking ingredients on. So when I bake I just wheel out my cart. No need to lift the mixer out from anywhere.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%