Printers For Cakes

Decorating By soggyfroggy44 Updated 10 May 2010 , 1:32pm by Kiddiekakes

soggyfroggy44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soggyfroggy44 Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:25am
post #1 of 3

hello every one i am new here to this site and have a couple questions
i am looking to find out if you need a special printer to print out pictures for cakes ??? and if not what do i need and where can i get it all in canada ?

2 replies
crystalscustomcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalscustomcakes Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 3

I use a Canon ip3500 printer with special cartridges for edible ink that are refillable. I purchased it on ebay a long time ago and it works wonderfully.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 3

I bought my printer from next tag I think it was $88.00 but you can get it from anywhere like Best Buy or Future shop if they have that model number.I use the IP3600..I bought my inks from icing images in the US as I wanted the no clog,spongeless, refillable cartridges.It was a bit costly but worth it.I bought Kopykake sheets from Golda's Kitchen online but will explore with other brands as well.I am now set up and it cost me about $400.00 but worth it if you plan to do alot with it!

Two online Canadian store you can purchase from... for inks and paper only no printers

Quote by @%username% on %date%