Best Compliment Ever!!!

Decorating By Rose_N_Crantz Updated 11 May 2010 , 1:49am by Rose_N_Crantz

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:23am
post #1 of 16

So I brought this cake to my mother in law's for mother's day. Everyone ohhed and ahhed over it and then we ate it. I was sitting next to the youngest in our family, my hubby's nephew who will be 4 this August. I noticed he wasn't saying much while he was eating which is odd because he's usually very talkative.

Well he finishes his cake, scrapes as much frosting as he can off his plate, then pronounces in a very loud voice "This cake is SOOOO GOOD!!!!" Seriously the best compliment I've ever gotten!

Here's a pic of the cake I brought over. It was a strawberry cake with chocolate frosting.
LL

15 replies
Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:33am
post #2 of 16

congrats, 4yr old are usually very honest so it must haev been very good cake! gorgeous cake

BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:34am
post #3 of 16

looks lovely!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:22am
post #4 of 16

I love your cake. I am most flattered by the compliments of a child. thumbs_up.gif They're honest to a fault.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:43am
post #5 of 16

Out of the mouth of babes...only the truth icon_biggrin.gif , and the cake is gorgeous to boot!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 16

Yep, 4 year olds are painfully honest, so your cake HAD to taste awesome! (Plus it was beautiful!) Congratulations!

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:23pm
post #7 of 16

My favorite compliments are the ones from my 3-year-old granddaughter! Beautiful cake by the way!

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:30pm
post #8 of 16

very beautiful. Kids are the best,!! My 3 yo grandson asked me yesterday if I brought cake [he calls me grandmacake] when I went to visit them. We went to lunch with them to Chili's and I said no, "I didn't have time to make one yesterday" so his mom said that he could get some at Chili's for dessert, but he said he wanted grandmacakes, cake!!!

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 16

That is so sweet! Children are my best (and sometimes worst icon_biggrin.gif) critics. Their comments are so sincere. My 5 year old niece was helping her other aunt (BIL's sister) make cupcakes with her cousin one day. My sister told me that every time they did something, mixing batter, icing, etc., she kept on saying "If my Aunt Mia were here, she can do this.." icon_biggrin.gif

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:45pm
post #10 of 16

Beautiful cake! Love the color combination.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 10 May 2010 , 1:56pm
post #11 of 16

And it's beautiful to boot!

Yah, kids that age are going to be honest about how something tastes. My almost 5 year old will tell me, "I like that smell" when I'm cooking something he likes. If I give (or offer) something he doesn't like, he very politely says, "I think I'm going to need something a little better than that." icon_lol.gif

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:10pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

And it's beautiful to boot!

Yah, kids that age are going to be honest about how something tastes. My almost 5 year old will tell me, "I like that smell" when I'm cooking something he likes. If I give (or offer) something he doesn't like, he very politely says, "I think I'm going to need something a little better than that." icon_lol.gif

icon_surprised.gif Oh that's funny! You are raising a connoisseur! Raising the bar, raising the bar thumbs_up.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 10 May 2010 , 2:14pm
post #13 of 16

Alot of kids are really picky about cake, so yep its always a great compliment when a young child will clean their plate of your cake!!!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 May 2010 , 4:03pm
post #14 of 16

Those are the best!! Your cake is gorgeous too. icon_smile.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 10 May 2010 , 7:19pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel1

icon_surprised.gif Oh that's funny! You are raising a connoisseur! Raising the bar, raising the bar thumbs_up.gif

Tell me about it!! He is a REAL gourmet!!

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 11 May 2010 , 1:49am
post #16 of 16

That's what I figured, if you can make something that a four year old likes, just about everyone else will like it too!

He's so sweet, totally made my day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%