Need Egg Free And Peanut Free Recipe

Baking By ShellBell69 Updated 10 May 2010 , 5:44pm by ShellBell69

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 10

I really need some help here. My son's T-ball team has a little boy that is allergic to eggs and peanuts. I really want to make a treat to take to them but I want him to be able to have it also. Does anyone have a good recipe for an egg free/peanut free cake/cookie? I am allready going to make chocolate suckers for their team party but still would love to do something special for them. Thanks in advance.

9 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 May 2010 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 10

Rice Krispie Treats

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 9 May 2010 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 10

Google Wacky cake--no eggs and no peanuts. Good Luck!

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 9 May 2010 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 10

you can buy a mix that is allergen free through cherrybrook farms (look in the organic section of the grocery if they don't have these with the regular mixes) you can also use duncan heins mix and use an egg replacement to substitute for the eggs it calls for.

leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:05am
post #5 of 10

Try this! It makes yummy cupcakes as well- just bake at a slightky lower temp.

eggless choc fudge cake:

3 c flour
2 c sugar
6 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c oil
1 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups warm water

sift dry ingredients together. mix in the wet and beat until smooth (i do this with a wisk). bake in a 9X12 pan at 350 for 30-40 min.

chocolatefan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatefan Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:47am
post #6 of 10

Most Duncan Hines mixes are egg free. Instead of adding the eggs, oil and water just add a can of diet coke (or 7-up with a white cake - must be diet). Mix together and bake as directed. It is a really moist cake that everyone loves.

ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:52am
post #7 of 10

Good luck with this! My son has a peanut allergy, but that's tough for the little boy with peanut and eggs! Just be careful with your food coloring if you use any for icing the cake. Wilton brand colors have a "processed in a factory . . ." warning, but it is written in extremely fine print! I almost missed it myself. If you have any Crystal Colors, I contacted them and they are peanut free (gluten free and kosher too!), I'm not sure about egg free.

Very thoughtful of you to provide something special that everyone can eat. My son often gets left out of special treats at his playschool and birthday parties. I bring something special for him when they let me know (I'm not always aware if they are celebrating a b- day at school), but I still feel badly for him.

leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 10 May 2010 , 10:56am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyk333

I bring something special for him when they let me know (I'm not always aware if they are celebrating a b- day at school), but I still feel badly for him.

When I was in school and was allowed to eat all that was served, my mom left a box of cookies in the classroom for me. This way, even if she didn't know when there would be something, there was always something on hand. She rotated it out so they wouldn't get stale.
The year I had an amazing teacher, she encouraged the kids to bring in non-food items for me (stickers, etc).

ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 10 May 2010 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 10

That's a really good idea. I'll see if I can keep something there - I think they even have a freezer, so perhaps I could just provide some items and they could take them out as need be.

Thanks!

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:44pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you so much for all the advice. I have done RKTs 3 times now and really wanted something different. I have looked at the Wonky cake and his mom said to do the coke thing. I did find an eggless choc/chip cookie recipe that I am going to try for Thursday night's game. It looked yummy and had great reviews. He is such a sweet boy and I really want something he can have the same as all the other boys. I am going to do some cupcakes if the cookies don't work out. Who knows...I may do both..lol.

Thank you ladyk333 for the heads up on the frosting colors. I had no idea and would not have even thought to check them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%