It's Your Fault!

Baking By mama_twinkie Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 6:44pm by MrsBowtiy

mama_twinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama_twinkie Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:46am
post #1 of 13

To all the CCers out there....I blame you for my cake disaster. All your wonderful pictures, suggestions, and tips/tricks totally inspired me to try to make some cupcakes for Mother's Day.

And what was the result? Disaster! It looks like a tornado spilled baking ingredients all over my tiny kitchen, and somewhere along the way some cupcakes got thrown into the mix. *sigh* Not something you really want to face at 1am. At first, I didn't mind the mistakes so much because I could eat the ones I messed up on. 30 mini cupcakes later...my tummy thinks that may not have been such a good idea. icon_razz.gif

Seriously, though, I just wanted to say that CCers have some amazing knowledge and talent. I know it comes from lots of practice and hard work....and while the time I have to practice at this stuff is extremely limited, I'm looking forward to the day I might post a picture of a successful something or other. icon_smile.gif Keep up the good work!

12 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:13am
post #2 of 13

welcome to the club. icon_biggrin.gif you arent a real CCer until you have a tummy ache from practicing and eating your mistakes. Or having a kitchen resemble an F5 tornado during times of inspiration !!! icon_lol.gif

aarklay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aarklay Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:13am
post #3 of 13

hahaha, sounds like my first cupcake attempt. Keep at it and you'll get there. practice makes perfect right? I agree with you, everyone on here is just so amaizing and inspired me also to start cake decorating.

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:25am
post #4 of 13

lol keep at it it gets better and you will stop eating mistakes hopefully b4 u add 20 lbs of learning to your belt.......

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:57am
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessBeckysbaking

lol keep at it it gets better and you will stop eating mistakes hopefully b4 u add 20 lbs of learning to your belt.......

Yep. I weigh 28 pounds more than I did this time last year. icon_cry.gif

Nacnacweazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nacnacweazel Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:27am
post #6 of 13

HA HA!!! My wife HATES when I have been on here. She blames me for every ounce of weight she puts on because of inspiration and ideas I get from all of the CCers. I just apologize to her for my lack of skill. icon_wink.gif

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 9 May 2010 , 10:34am
post #7 of 13

OMG you tried mini's!!! I don't think I'll ever attempt regular cupcakes again let alone another try at the mini's! And weight??? I weigh 30 lbs more from when I started working on cakes. Uuugghh. But I still love it. (If you see a blur running down the road early in the morning, that's me running off last night's mistakes!)

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 9 May 2010 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 13

Yeah, you just see the pictures of the finished cakes/cuppies on here, and everything looks hunky-dory. My kitchen can also look like a tornado just came through, even though I try to keep it clean as I go.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 May 2010 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 13

Yep - that's what happens when you bake! It's all about exploring everything. Sometimes your recipes fall flat. And sometimes they turn out great! But you just have to keep on going! And cleaning up that kitchen......well, it's never going to end in this line of work. =o)

Jammypants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jammypants Posted 11 May 2010 , 8:53pm
post #10 of 13

After a year of practicing making cakes for anyone who would let me I finally made my first wedding cake and it turned out great BUT I am fully remembering the many many disasters over the last year. I love cakes and I won't give up. Practice, practice, practice. And have a glass of wine before you stop to clean up the kitchen tornado mess. Somehow I haven't perfected how to reduce the carnage!

sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:15pm
post #11 of 13

I couldn't agree more! The wealth of ideas and talent on CC is mind blowing! WHY???? Why can't I do this without being head to toe and oven to doorknob covered in dough and wanna-be buttercream!?!? Oh, well..."come here, Max, see the treat on the floor!... Good boy!" icon_wink.gif

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:54pm
post #12 of 13

icon_lol.gif Yep per ree...........

Now you understand why those little bottles of vodka used for luster dust painting "quickly" get used up!!! hehe.........

I too put on more weight since last year. Everytime I go to the doc for my check up visits, first thing doc says, "oh, I see you had too much cake icing again". I just look at doc and smile big! icon_wink.gif

MrsBowtiy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsBowtiy Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 6:44pm
post #13 of 13

Ahh yes we call it "mom's cake explosion in the kitchen" at my house as for weight, I have no idea what I have gained and don't even want to think about it....My SIL did say she gained 3lbs last time she was here and blames me

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%