What Kind Of Cake Boards For Display On Tables At A Wedding?

Decorating By bfranzen Updated 8 May 2010 , 3:40pm by leah_s

bfranzen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfranzen Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:16am
post #1 of 3

I am meeting with someone next week to discuss 6" wedding cakes on some of the tables at their reception, rather than one big cake. This will be the first time I've done something like this. What do you suggest that I put the cakes on to display on the tables. For party cakes, my husband cuts boards for me to cover or I use the Wilton ones. I want to make sure that I have what I need figured into the price.


2 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 3

Have you talked to the BTB about her vison/deco theme? If the cakes are to be the centerpiece she may want them elevated...you could just use a regular cake stand (glass or ceramic with flowers or something under). If so she could purchase or rent them. Classic champagne glasses are a good option too, in that case you might want to use a cake base (glue several cardboard cake rounds together, a few inches larger than the cake) cover in a fabric of her choosing with a ribbon glued around the rim. Lots of options...ask her to bring some pictures of her fave looks and go from there.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 3

For centerpiece cakes, I use drums and upside down wine glasses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%