Cricut Cake - Reviews And ??

Decorating By sjbeatty8 Updated 7 May 2010 , 5:39pm by Ivy383

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 7 May 2010 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 6

First when you buy from Michael's, etc. What does it come with and what do you need to buy to get started????

Secondly, anyone have reviews?? Do you love it, do you use it a lot, is it worth the money? I know its newer so there may not be a lot oof reviews but anything would be helpful.

Thanks

5 replies
Ladybarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybarbie Posted 7 May 2010 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 6

I'd like to know too. thumbs_up.gif

Maureen76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen76 Posted 7 May 2010 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 6

I've had mine for four weeks now-and I've enjoyed it! The main reason I got it was for wording-all the different scripts-it's wonderful! I did a couple of cakes for Relay for Life yesterday and used it for the lettering. The cake said...CANCER been there...beat that. It turned out great! I've used it also for monogramed letters to place on cupcakes. I think it's great!! Alhough I've had a few bumps in the road with it...I would buy it all over again!

cakenewby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenewby Posted 7 May 2010 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 6

I bought mine yesterday but it has only made it as far as out of the box. I'm looking forward to playing with it. If i never have to write on a cake again it will be too soon! One nice feature is the color, it matches my KA! haha!

Ednarooni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ednarooni Posted 7 May 2010 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 6

I bought mine yesterday as I read on here that Michaels and JoAnn's were in competition and it was on sale.. So I ran down..lol I bought the "tool" kit @$30.00 and it had the two mats and it had the frosting sheets which are "cheaper" at GSA..

They had a couple of cartridges also at $49.00 and I bought the "Elegant" one.. I am so excited to try this.. I so want my cakes to pop.. I know a lot of people say it's not really decorating but in my opinion..this is a "business" to get your product out and to make it look as wonderful and amazing as possible, and I believe the cricut can do that from what I've seen in Linda McClures DVDS..

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 7 May 2010 , 5:39pm
post #6 of 6

I love it! If you look in my pictures there are cupcakes with little crowns on top. I cut the crowns with my Cricut Cake. I recommend it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%