Cool Whip And Jello Frosting

Baking By hebberd Updated 8 May 2010 , 3:53am by 7yyrt

hebberd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hebberd Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:10am
post #1 of 12

I am making an Orange Supreme Cake (Duncan Hines Mix) this weekend and am trying to figure out something simple to frost it with. I was wondering about putting a package of orange jello into a container of cool whip and using that. Has anyone ever tried this? Any tips or suggestions are welcome!
Thanks,
Hebberd icon_smile.gif

11 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 12

I would just frost it with Italian Meringue (aka 7 minute frosting).

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 12

I used to make it as a poke cake. That works better if you're going to leave it in the pan and frost the top. What I would do is bake the cake, let it cool and then poke holes all over it. Make the jello with 1 cup of water, then pour slowly over the cake and refrigerate. For frosting, mix one box instant vanilla pudding mix with a cup of cold milk, then fold in a tub of softened cool whip. Keep it in the fridge.

nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 12

chocolate ganache icon_biggrin.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 7 May 2010 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonilm

chocolate ganache icon_biggrin.gif

I love orange cake with chocolate ganache but my kids thinks it's gross. icon_lol.gif

hebberd Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:13am
post #6 of 12

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Unfortunately Chocolate ganache is out for our family, some of us, myself included can't eat Chocolate. icon_cry.gif Being on the verge of needing a new mixer, it won't withstand 7 minutes of beating. icon_sad.gif Guess I'll play the Experiment game tonight. icon_biggrin.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:23am
post #7 of 12

I just made the strawberry refrigerator cake from Duncan Hines. Here's the frosting recipe:

1 small pack vanilla instant pudding
1 cup milk
2 cups thawed Cool Whip

Prepare pudding with 1 cup of milk. After it thickens just fold in the 2 cups of Cool Whip. Easy and good!

hebberd Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:28am
post #8 of 12

That is what I am thinking I will try. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:14am
post #9 of 12

i've never tried frosting a cake that way, but at Christmas time we make a pistachio salad (cool whip, pistachio pudding mix, and a drained can of crushed pinapple) its yummy, and the pudding mix disolves (we let it set overnight) in the cool whip....and it's so yummy! not that you should use the pistachio, just that i think the orange should work.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:29am
post #10 of 12

I've done the instant pudding and cool whip for fillings.... it does makes a light, yummy, quick filling.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:32am
post #11 of 12

where did you find the ORANGE SUPREME CAKE ????????? I love it. and NOBODY around here carries it, I have tried walmart and krogers.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%