Good Price For Hobart?

Business By suzylynn58 Updated 19 May 2010 , 12:27pm by Loucinda

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:03am
post #1 of 6

I found a used Hobart 20 qt with mixer bowl and beaters in excellent condition for $1850. Do you think that's a good deal for used?

Thanks,
Susan

5 replies
SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 9 May 2010 , 12:12am
post #2 of 6

I bought one recently for my new shop and it costs me $850. It was a local restaurant supply business. Mine is also a 20 qt Hobart, probably 30 years old. I just used it a couple of days ago and it works great.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 6

I bought mine used and have no idea how old it is. Paid $1000 cash for it and walked out the door. It has been over a year and it works great! I don't know how I ever lived without it! Best money I have ever spent!

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 6

I don't know what area you are in, but I feel like that's a little high.

Like SpudCake, mine came from a restaurant supply company, was used, (they said 25 years old, but they all look the same after about 10 years!!), and I paid $950.00

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 May 2010 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 6

I bought mine as a spur of the moment purchase, no comparison shopping at a used restaurant supply store. I needed it, they had one, only one on the floor. I paid $1500. it's used, it's old, its works fine, but I think I paid too much. However, I love my Hobart and would never part with it. I also can't imagine how I made cakes without it. And at least it's a tax deductible biz expense.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 19 May 2010 , 12:27pm
post #6 of 6

How old is it? You can see on the "vin" number on the side of it as to when it was made. IMO, if it isn't pretty new, that is kind of high.

Mine is about 30 years old, came with 3 bowls and beater blade and it was $850. It is a workhorse, I don't know what I would do with out it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%