Help With My Cupcake

Baking By Deliciously-Yummy Updated 13 May 2010 , 12:40am by Kitagrl

Deliciously-Yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deliciously-Yummy Posted 6 May 2010 , 11:56am
post #1 of 15

I made some cupcakes and i have a question. After baking my cc and left them to cool, the wrapper(cc case) starts coming off. Why is this? Pls help.

14 replies
GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 15

Probably cheap liners. Try out Confectionery House or Acupcakery's. They are great and lots of colors!

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:22pm
post #3 of 15

Are you taking them out of the pan to cool? You need to, they will sweat if they are left in the pan and that will cause the liner to pull away.

Deliciously-Yummy Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:24pm
post #4 of 15

GranmaG, Thanks for this, but i leave in UK.

60sBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
60sBunny Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 15

HI DY

This only happens to me if there is too much liquid in my recipe. Or as Jamie says, the condensation between the cake and case sweating them off.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/VanillaCupcakes.html

This is a popular vanilla recipe, and has the g conversions. Try that and then you'll know if its your cases.

For my white and brown I get the muffin cases from Adsa, they are great.

Deliciously-Yummy Posted 6 May 2010 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 15

Thanks Jamie, i always take them out to cool. and Thanks 60sBunny i'll try it. Please i still more comment just in case.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 May 2010 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 15

I have left them in the pan to cool, taken them out of the pan to cool, etc. and they always come off when I use wilton liners, or any of the silver metal liners.

However, I had great success with over 500 cupcakes that I baked yesterday (not 1 wrapper came off YEAH!) and I used good ol' "Reynold's" brand white paper liners from the grocery store!

Deliciously-Yummy Posted 9 May 2010 , 11:57pm
post #8 of 15

Hi KHalstead, so what did u conclude the secret is.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:37am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I have left them in the pan to cool, taken them out of the pan to cool, etc. and they always come off when I use wilton liners, or any of the silver metal liners.

However, I had great success with over 500 cupcakes that I baked yesterday (not 1 wrapper came off YEAH!) and I used good ol' "Reynold's" brand white paper liners from the grocery store!

I'm finding out very quickly that these are the best. The other good ones are from Williams-Sonoma in the kits. But they are expensive. I prefer the Reynolds better.

I bought some Americana cupcake liners from a craft store. When I took them out of the package they had a terrible odor. I'm afraid to use them to bake, so I'm going to use the white Reynolds liners in the oven and use these for a second decorative liner.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:41pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliciously-Yummy

I really think it's the liners!

I've tried mixing my cake batter less and more and even tried the same batter some left in pan to cool, others taken out.

The only thing that seems to make an OBVIOUS difference is the type of liners I use!

wilton white paper liners, peel off
reynold's silver liners (w/ white paper removed) peel off
white reynold's liners stay on
gold wilton liners stay on (they're white on the inside, gold on the outside)

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:53pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliciously-Yummy

I've tried mixing my cake batter less and more and even tried the same batter some left in pan to cool, others taken out.

The only thing that seems to make an OBVIOUS difference is the type of liners I use!

wilton white paper liners, peel off
reynold's silver liners (w/ white paper removed) peel off
white reynold's liners stay on
gold wilton liners stay on (they're white on the inside, gold on the outside)

I agree.

I bought some liners last week from a national craft store chain. They were Fourth of July or Memorial Day like in design. It was Hobby Lobby. When I opened the package to store them away there is a distinctive terrible odor to them. They are made in China if that makes any difference. I couldn't put my finger on the odor, but after a few days I believe it is wax and something else, printer ink maybe.

Can you imagine cooking with these? I can't. I can't remember if I said it here, but from now I'm sticking to Reynolds White liners. The others I'll use for decoration until they are gone. No more searching for liners for me.

But I will say I have not had any problem with the Reynolds silver liners. Maybe I just got lucky. But I do take away the paper lining. It says to toss them on the package. Silly people, I use them separately also. It's like two liners in one.

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:55pm
post #12 of 15

Funny, I picked up some cute wilton(which I never use) flower liners to try the other day when I was at Joanns, and my cupcakes STUCK to them. I used the WASC recipe and had a hard time peeling the paper off my cuppies.....never had that happen before....hmmmmm icon_confused.gif

pecanrican Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pecanrican Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:01pm
post #13 of 15

I have noticed that my cc separate from liners that have a wax feeling like the wilton liners. The cheap reynolds ones have always worked for me. However, if I am doing cc with a themed wrapper I just buy an extra pack and cool them on the counter top right after they come out of the oven.

Deliciously-Yummy Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:35am
post #14 of 15

Thanks for all these replies i'm loving it. So conclusion, check my liner. I'll try the ones we have in the UK to see which will work out well.
I also noticed someone saying when the cc are out of the oven they put them in another fresh liner before decorating. Do u always have to do this before decorating the ccs.
Can some please help with this procedure as my daughter's birthday is coming up and she wants ccs for all her friends.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:40am
post #15 of 15

I always thought it was the recipe? My doctored cake mix cupcakes almost always stay stuck to the liners.... but for instance, I've tried homemade scratch pound cake a few times and it tends to shrink back from the liners when it cools. Homemade pumpkin cake clings nicely to the wrappers but gets the bottom a bit oily.

I hate Wilton papers though, they don't fit the cups right and tend to pucker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%