Wedding Cake For Saturday - Stack Tomorrow Or Stack Later?

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 6 May 2010 , 3:21pm by The_Sugar_Fairy

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:56am
post #1 of 9

I'm making my first wedding cake for this weekend and I'm so nervous. It's going to be three tiers (8-10-12 rounds) with fondant ribbons around the bases and gum paste gerbera daisies. Anyway, I had a question. I'm going to cover the tiers with fondant tomorrow (Thursday) and I'm wondering if I should stack them tomorrow or if I should stack them on Friday or Saturday. The reception is on Saturday at 5 p.m. I definately want to take the cake already stacked to the reception. I'm going to dowel it properly and also put a center dowel through the entire cake. Please help. Should I stack it Thursday or wait until Friday or Saturday? Thanks!

8 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:01am
post #2 of 9

Well, I'd prep it on Thursday and bc/fondant and tack on Friday. By prep I mean torte, fill, wrap and settle.

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:04am
post #3 of 9

Thanks so much Leah_S. So you think it will be okay stacked for 24 hours then (it will be properly dowelled)?

leah_s Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:12am
post #4 of 9

All my Saturday delivery cakes are done on Friday night.

Obviously you have not heard my lecture about the evil that is dowels. Since it's too late to get another system, do what you're comfortable with.

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:14am
post #5 of 9

Actually I'd love to hear your lecture about dowels. That's the only way I know, but I'm open for anything better! Please tell me what you use. I've heard of these SPS but have no idea what it is, how it works or where to get it. Is that what you use?

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:20am
post #6 of 9

Okay Leah, I just saw your comment about SPS on your profile. I'll go check it out thanks! I'm hoping this is available in Canada though.

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:35am
post #7 of 9

Hey Leah!
You said in the SPS forum post that all your cakes are made with it and to look on your website. Can you tell me what your website is? I'd love to see your cakes! If you want, you can send me a private message with it. Thanks! Robyn, The Sugar Fairy :0)

leah_s Posted 6 May 2010 , 4:39am
post #8 of 9

www.LouisvilleWeddingCake.com

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:21pm
post #9 of 9

Absolutely beautiful cakes Leah! Thanks for sharing your website with us!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%