Where Can I Find The Wire That You Put On The Tops Of Cake?

Decorating By Meghan1010 Updated 5 May 2010 , 3:51pm by brincess_b

Meghan1010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meghan1010 Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 2

We are at a loss of where to find the wire that you can use to put things on the tops of cakes? Like stars or hearts? See picture below for an example? Can we order them from somewhere? We've looked everywhere? IN PARTICULAR (WHITE WIRE).
Has to be strong enough to hold fondant and flexible enough to bend?
Please help....... icon_sad.gif

1 reply
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 2

It's called floristy wire, the white and green paper covered ones are more readily available, try ur usual cake supply stores, or else any cake supply website will have it. I'd say get at least a 24 guage or lower (lower number = thicker wire = less bend).

Quote by @%username% on %date%