Filling Blow Out?

Decorating By didavista Updated 5 May 2010 , 9:20pm by didavista

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 5 May 2010 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 8

When my cake was done setting, my dam must have not been big enough and I had a filling blow out.. Is this still salvageable to continue on decorating or am I going to have continual problems with this cake??? Any suggestions.?

7 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 8

Is it iced? You could just try plugging up the area with more frosting.

didavista Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 8

no it is only crumb coated...but I am afraid if I scrape away the blow out and ice it, it will still ooze. Hoping someone has done this successfully and can offer advice.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 8

Did you weight the cake during the settling process?

lis73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lis73 Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 8

Don't mean to "hijack" your post, but Leah, what do you mean by weight? How would one do that? All that comes to mind is pressing flowersicon_smile.gif That can't be it. Please share your boundless wisdom icon_smile.gif

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:05pm
post #6 of 8

Leah - I just want to say that I did not take your weight advice on the last cake I made. icon_sad.gif Bad girl. I let the cake set an hour without the weight thinking that would be fine because it was not a stacked cake. Well, needless to say I still got the bulge. icon_surprised.gif Live and learn. It was the cake for my last class of course 1 of the Wilton class. At least I didn't get graded. icon_lol.gif I still got the diploma even with the bulge. thumbs_up.gif

Next time - Mother's day cake for this weekend - I will get brave and weight the cake. I even bought the ceramic tile and everything and was still too chicken to try it! icon_rolleyes.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 5 May 2010 , 9:20pm
post #8 of 8

yeah I put weight on it for several hours.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%