Mtc Or Scal???

Decorating By Ocean23 Updated 5 May 2010 , 5:49pm by metria

Ocean23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ocean23 Posted 4 May 2010 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 7

just learning about these two programs and was interested in hearing your feedback about them. Just bought a cricut cake and this is my first cricut and my first exposure to these programs. Which one is easiest to use, which one has the most flexibility, and which one has the best galleries? Any insight would be so helpful! Thanks!!!

PS does using these void my cricut warranty?

6 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 4 May 2010 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 7

i purchased SCAL, but i have the demos for both. i really like how MTC has a user-submitted gallery that you can browse inside the app, but MTC itself doesn't have many basic shapes. i think SCAL comes with more shapes.

SCAL:

MTC:

katwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwo Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 7

I was wondering what machine does SCAL and what machine does MTC or does the cricut cake machine do both, also what is the differnece between getting the cricut expression and the cricut cake, can the cricut expression one do it all as it is cheaper right now for me to get that one, any help would great.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 5 May 2010 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 7

You can download trial version of both and see which one you like better. Both machines do baically the same thing but you will need to purchase a deep cut housing and blade for the expression and clean it often as material builds up inside of it. I believe the cake cricut can cut a little thicker material and it is 100% food safe.

metria Posted 5 May 2010 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 7

i believe the websites for each program should have a list of the compatible machines.

i haven't checked if they updated their lists to include the cricut cake, but the expression was definitely compatible for SCAL and MTC.

katwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwo Posted 5 May 2010 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 7

Would anyone know what that web site would be, I was planning on getting one really soon so the more info I have on it would be good. Thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%