Wedding Cake Delivery/set Up Question

Business By dreamcakesmom Updated 4 May 2010 , 4:51pm by Chef_Stef

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 3 May 2010 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all- will be delivering my first wedding cake with set up coming up in a couple weeks and looking for a little guidance. It will have fresh flowers to be arranged on cake at venue. How much time do you allot to set up like this. Also- for those that deliver to multiple venues- what is the average timeframe reception sites give to bakeries for set up- ie- 1 hr before reception, etc.

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:17am
post #2 of 4

You need to check with the individual venues, they all have different timeframes. Some of them around here do multiple events in one day, so there's a really short delivery window (1 hour before) and others want the cake there 4 hours before. I deliver 1 1/2 to 2 hours before the start of the reception, generally.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:27am
post #3 of 4

My contract states that I reserve the right to deliver 2 - 6 hours prior to the start of the reception. I coordinate with the venue, but I'm generally there 2-4 hours in advance of the start time.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 4

If it's a cake that is just being basically dropped off, I usually plan to deliver and be gone 1 hour before the event, so people are not arriving while I'm setting up.

If there are flowers to put on, I give myself an extra 30-60 minutes for that, depending on how many flowers are involved.

So for a 3:00 wedding, regular drop off and be gone: I deliver between 1:30 and 2:00. If flowers, I'd deliver between 12:30 and 1:00 so I'm still gone by 2:00...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%