Barbie Doll Cake

Decorating By chas21 Updated 5 May 2010 , 10:49am by PattyT

chas21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas21 Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone used a real Barbie Doll instaead of a doll pick? I was wondering if i have to make the cake bigger for more support.

7 replies
dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 8

I have used a real Barbie. I removed her lower body at the waist and attached a dowel for support into the cavity. the dowel makes Barbie the same height as the cake portion. You can also built up the skirt by baking a round cake too attach to the bottom of the wonder mold pan.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 5 May 2010 , 8:31am
post #3 of 8

Just remove the legs and you're good to go. I usually try to find a barbie that already has the top painted on too, makes life easier icon_biggrin.gif

cardicleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cardicleo Posted 5 May 2010 , 8:42am
post #4 of 8

I used a real barbie and covered the legs in cling film.
This method was used by a professional cake decorater who gave me some advice on how to make the barbie doll cake. It worked really well.
icon_biggrin.gif

cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 5 May 2010 , 9:50am
post #5 of 8

I use the whole real barbies and wrap the legs also. My 1st one with a barbie on a stick my 6 yr old daughter was mortified when she saw barbie w/no legs so I decided right then to use the whole barbie... I buy the barbies while they are on sale at the end of the summer that way I get the ones with bikini tops :0) & it doesn't cost me much.

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 5 May 2010 , 10:42am
post #6 of 8

The doll pan isn't tall enough for an able-bodied Barbie so you'll need to use another round underneath it. I think I used a 9" round under mine if I remember correctly.

Definitely cling-wrap her legs (and carve a bit of a hole out for her) so the legs don't go poking through a side!

Good luck!

Christy0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christy0722 Posted 5 May 2010 , 10:48am
post #7 of 8

I use the whole doll as well. I do mine the non-conventional way. Instead of using the wonder mold, I use 2 mini bundt pans with a 6 inch round on top. That way I only have to carve out a small amount cake. The dolls I have come with it's own stand and I can easily slide the doll down through the hole. I wash the doll and wrap in plastic wrap. I also save the dress and give to the birthday girl so she can dress her doll after she takes her out. She gets a cake and a gift! There's one in my album.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 5 May 2010 , 10:49am
post #8 of 8

I used a full Barbie too - leaving the legs on. Just tape the legs tightly (to keep it really narrow) and wrap in plastic wrap. If you are using the Wilton Wonder Mold pan, you do need another cake round under because the doll is taller than the mold. I think I used an 8" round - but it can be anything 'cause the feet are hidden. You also need to core out the cakes a little...not too much or she'll wiggle around, but enough so you don't crack the cake as you insert the doll.

Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%