Shakespeare Cake?!

Decorating By MystiqueFire Updated 4 May 2010 , 1:42am by MystiqueFire

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 3 May 2010 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 4

I'm competing in a competition this week for a shakespeare cake, and I can't seem to get any ideas for a midsummer night's dream cake or a tempest cake! I have one idea that's really ambitious, and if I can't seem to get a clear idea by tomorrow, I'll go with that one, but it would be nice to have a clear vision. Can anyone help? Shaped cakes, multi-tiered cakes, anything you have an idea for, I'm game!

Thanks so much,
Jasmine

3 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 4

for MSND fairies come to mind

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 May 2010 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 4

AMSND -- Bottom after he is changed? an enactment of the Tragical Historea of Priumus and Thisbe? Titania's bower with her and Bottom?

Tempest is much harder ---
saw a great set for it once (version starring Patrick Stewart) -- Large crate USC, front dropped down for ramp. Inside Prospero's home. In front -- the beach. Could have Calaban rising up from the sand. Arial a form floating above and Prospero standing with book of magic in his hand.

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 4 May 2010 , 1:42am
post #4 of 4

Both ideas sound really good! I was thinking either doing a fairy cake or a cake shaped like bottom with the donkey head, which I see both of you are starting to think along those lines as well.

I'm not sure of the caliber of difficulty everyone else is competing in, and I'm really only doing it for bragging rights, so I'm wondering how "decked out" I should go.

Somehow I think fairy cakes would be a lower level of difficulty, and Bottom would be a show-stopper.. Hmmm..... I have a lot to think about!

Thanks guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%