Best Cake To Use For A Wedding Giant Cupcake? Help Please!

Baking By Roxybc

Roxybc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxybc Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 1

I've got to make a giant cupcake for a wedding this Thursday, and the couple have requested a vanilla cake with dark purple fondant covered bottom and ivory buttercream top. I've only tried making the giant cupcake once before, but with a strawberry recipe I didn't like. Anyways, just wondering if I could get your thoughts on using a WASC cake (which I've never made before either) or just using a regular boxed vanilla cake mix. If I use the WASC recipe I'll probably use this one here ( http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2322/white-almond-sour-cream-cake-wasc ) but I don't know if I should make the whole recipe (2 boxes) or half the recipe (1 box). If I use the regular boxed mix I've heard I should use 2, as 1 won't be enough. If I do use the WASC, are there any tips or tricks I should know since I've never made it before, and also since the giant cupcake pan is so tall, I'll need to adjust the cooking time, but I don't know by how much. Oh, also how much does the WASC rise? How high should I fill my pan?

I'm also trying to figure out how far in advance I can make this before I decorate it. I've also got 100 cupcakes to do for the wedding, so was planning on baking the cuppies on Tuesday night and icing them on Wednesday for a Thursday delivery and a Friday wedding. If I have time I was planning on baking the Giant Cupcake on Tuesday as well, so I could do all my decoarting on Wenesday.

I'd appreciate any advice I can get on this. I'm quite nervous about it, as it's for a wedding and I haven't done it before.

Thanks very much,

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%