Need Ideas For A Tea Party/ Garden Theme!

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 4 May 2010 , 2:33pm by BakerzJoy

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 6

This cake will be for a 1 year old and the mom is going all out. She is thinking about having her smash cake on a pedestal and 25 mini cakes will be arranged underneath.
I was thinking of maybe a teapot as her smash cake and little saucers and cups as the mini cakes, but the cups and saucers are not grabbing me.

She wants it purple, pink and white with flowers.

I want something that screams 'WOW' and gorgeous and girly!!

Here is the invitation for ideas she sent with her little girl on it.....it's gorgeous!! http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectID=1306971&productId=67

Also, what do you normally charge for mini cakes, this will be my first mini cakes??

Help me brainstorm........thank you in advance!

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 May 2010 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 6

my first thought (which I see would match the invites) is that you do little teacup cakes (could even just bake cupcakes and attach handles) and then add a rice paper butterfly like it is resting on the edge of the cup.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 3 May 2010 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 6

I was thinking of maybe a teapot as her smash cake and little saucers and cups as the mini cakes, but the cups and saucers are not grabbing me.

Perhaps something along the lines of this gorgeous little creation
Its girlie - garden themed.
Then perhaps the cupcakes could have little flowers and butterflies - ladybirds - incorporating the colours from the main cake.

http://jessicakesblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/3-year-old-garden-party-cake.html

Bluehue.

IrisOlive Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IrisOlive Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:05am
post #4 of 6

if you're any good at painting or pressure piping, maybe you could put flowers on the teacups?

I was thinking of doing something similar for mother's day, and I was going to just cut the top of the cupcakes off, and cover them with fondant... then paint or pipe on the decoration. You could cover the top with a dark piece of fondant, and then paint a sort of swirl pattern on to make it look liquidy.

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:28am
post #5 of 6

two of my three pics were for a garden theme baby shower..I'm sure you could easily change the flowers to tulips if u like my designs!

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:33pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you everyone for responding. I have decided to go with the teapot smash cake and little cups and saucers for the mini cakes. I have charged her $4 for each mini cake which i hope is enough. I am very excited to start and your ideas and pictures were great inspiration. Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%