Fake Flowers On Cake

Decorating By sweettooth88 Updated 2 May 2010 , 5:50pm by terrylee

sweettooth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth88 Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 4

I recieved an order for a bridal shower, they want gerbra daisies on top of the cake, however they want fake flowers. I do not know how to put them in the cake? any ideas or pointers?

3 replies
Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 4

I'd cut them off as close as you can to the blossom w/o them falling apart then attach them with a glob of either stiff buttercream, royal icing or chocolate/candymelt. Unless they want them sprouting out of the cake then use the same technique as when attaching wires-flower picks or coffee stir straws or something. Hope this helps a little icon_smile.gif

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 4

you can get flower picks also. Same concept as using a straw. Stick it in the cake then stick the stem in the straw/pick. Depending on the material of the flower, buttercream or other icings may bleed through the petals.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 4

I have used silk flowers, sometimes you can't get the color you want or maybe the flowers are not in season....but for whatever reason...silk works great....I really try and get a good quality silk flower, looking as true as possible....cover the stems if you need to push them into the cake, using a straw.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%