Cricut Ripping Sheets

Decorating By kodeblue Updated 2 May 2010 , 6:37am by JaimeAnn

kodeblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kodeblue Posted 2 May 2010 , 2:59am
post #1 of 4

Well, another issue. We are putting the fondont sheets in the freezer for a couple minutes and when the machine starts cutting, it is ripping the fondont in a couple spots. Kinda like it is dragging the fondont. Any ideas?

3 replies
Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 2 May 2010 , 3:04am
post #2 of 4

I find that putting them in the freezer prior to cutting did not help me. You have to roll out your fondant really thin. (thin enough for you to see the circles on your mat thru the fondant) After I roll it out I wait 10-15minues before cutting and it cuts nice and clean. I use Wiltons fondant and I think it works the best. i have also used satin ice, but I have to leav it out longer before cutting. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

lis73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lis73 Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:36am
post #3 of 4

Are you talking about the frosting sheets that came in the HSN bundle? They are awful! I have yet to get a good cut, plus they taste awful! Even my kids won't touch it. thumbsdown.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:37am
post #4 of 4

I made these cuts on the frosting sheets that came in the bundle, I figured I would use them for pratice because they taste TERRIBLE! and I wil not use them for anything to be eaten.

I set the pressure on High and the speed on medium . Made sure they were glued to the mat well with the shortening... Too much and it will slide , Too little and it wont stick.... It will stick firmly , you cant push it around on the may when stuck securely. If it isnt stuck securely it will pull, wrinkle, tear. etc.

Cut perfect first try!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%