? About Bundt Cake Servings.........

Decorating By JaimeAnn Updated 2 May 2010 , 7:10am by JaimeAnn

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 3

I am trying to figure out how many servings are in a Bundt Cake . I have had a few requests for my pina-colada and Tiramisu cakes done as a bundt cake .

I use the Wilton Wedding serving chart for my cakes , so would 1" slices out of the circle of the bundt cake be about the same as a 1"X 2"X 4" slice of cake???? Or should I go bigger 1-1/2" , 2" ?????....... icon_confused.gif

I looked up a Bundt cake recipe and it said it yeilds 16 servings , does that sound right????

My base price for buttercream cakes is $3.00/ serving ... some of the bundt cakes would be covered in whipped buttercream and some would just have a glaze so would be $2.00/serving.

So at 16 servings a glazed bundt would be $32 and an iced bundt would be $48.. These would be undecorated except for a single gumpaste "signature" item, (not yet decided on what to use, flower,butterfly, etc. still playing with my cricut till I find "my" design hahhha...)

Does that price seem to high for a bundt cake.
(for comparison the country store by me sells a homebaked REGULAR berry or apple pie for $12 and I beleive those are 6 servings)

I could really use some help with this one.......

Thanks In advance icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
afunk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afunk Posted 1 May 2010 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 3

I can't help you with pricing but as for servings, I think a 1" slice of bundt cake seems right. I have a book with a bunch of bundt recipes and the servings usually are "16 to 24 depending on how you slice it." Some go 16 to 32 servings. I think the author based it on how rich/dense/sweet the cake was.
I hope that helps.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:10am
post #3 of 3

Thanks....

I think I am just going to go with a generic 16 servings per cake and a standard,
$29 to $39 (depending on ingredients).

I think 16 would be a little more generous serving than regular cake but since it doesnt have filling or a lot of icing it should even out.

Anyone have an opinion on the price?

I found a website , Nothing Bundt Cake. and that is about the same as thier prices.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%