Very Old Wilton Molds?

Decorating By Rylan Updated 14 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm by Kathy99

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 May 2010 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 21

I remember a friend showing me a set of durable plastic molds from Wilton. They had very intricate designs--baroque like. I remember her telling me that these were old molds that Wilton used to sell. As far as I recall, these (hard) plastic molds were blue/purple in color. There were about a few sheets and there was about 3-5 (I believe) designs per sheet. I was wondering if anyone of you know what I am talking about. Have you seen them before?

The designs reminded me of this: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=3237259&id=111752518573

Anyone?

20 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 1 May 2010 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 21

No help from me. Only a comment...those are some of the most beautiful decos I have seen. The detail is exactly that. Detail. Maybe if enough people requested, Wilton would bring them back for a short time.

Rylan Posted 1 May 2010 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 21

Oh yes, I love those details. I've been wanting those molds for a very long time...I was surprised when she showed it to me...much more surprised when I found out it was made by Wilton. I believe she mentioned that she got those 20 years ago.

cad1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cad1951 Posted 1 May 2010 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 21

i just purchased those moulds from country kitchen sweetart. go to countrykitchensa.com to find them. i have purchased so many of my cake decoration supplies from this company, fast shipping with ups, email notification of receiving or shipping your order, i recommend this company very highly. i have loved everything i have purchased from them. have fun looking!

Rylan Posted 1 May 2010 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 21

Cad1951, thanks for the help but I don't think they carry it. The mold I was talking about was made by Wilton (set comes in a box) and the color was blue/purple. I already have this one: http://countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?productId=625140

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 1 May 2010 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 21

Rylan... I think this might be what you are looking for.. http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=1907-1006
They are discontinued, but you can sometimes find them on the internet. I have one I will lend you if you want.. PM me... icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 May 2010 , 5:31pm
post #7 of 21

I know exactly what he is looking for. I sold mine off several years ago icon_sad.gif Sure, I could kick myself now, but at the time I thought I was finished w/decorating icon_sad.gif

tracienvegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracienvegas Posted 1 May 2010 , 5:55pm
post #8 of 21

Rylan, if they are the ones I have, the are the "Sugar Plum Baroque Gum Paste Molds".
They come in a hard plastic box and there are 12 molds. Looks like the item # on the box is 1906-1299.

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 1 May 2010 , 6:08pm
post #9 of 21

I have them and they are gorgeous!! And NO, I won't sell them!! They aren't as flexible as the ones they make now, but someone should bring back the designs in new mold materials -they would be great sellers! They come with a little design booklet with all the 1960's-70's designs -daisies, avocado green, browns, golden yellow, and turqoise colorsicon_smile.gif

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 1 May 2010 , 6:28pm
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracienvegas

Rylan, if they are the ones I have, the are the "Sugar Plum Baroque Gum Paste Molds".
They come in a hard plastic box and there are 12 molds. Looks like the item # on the box is 1906-1299.

Yes! These are amazing, I found my set on ebay last year...I try to use them every chance I get! I have seen them on ebay several times since!!!

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 1 May 2010 , 7:04pm
post #11 of 21

They are great! I have a set that was given to me....the lady that previously owned them dated all of her books/material. These are dated 1979!

Rylan Posted 1 May 2010 , 10:55pm
post #12 of 21

Thank you all for the help. Laura, that wasn't the mold, thanks though.

Yes, Tracie, that is it. You were the one who actually showed it to me! Thanks, I'll check Ebay now that I have the product infor. Thanks again Tracie and everyone who is willing to help! Have a wonderful weekend!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 2 May 2010 , 12:39am
post #13 of 21

I had a talk with Ron Ben at AC ABE2010... he told me he makes ALL his molds with silicone now....

Gorgeous though

Rylan Posted 2 May 2010 , 3:45am
post #14 of 21

Dalis, oh yes. I figured he made those beautiful molds (on his cake) since he mentioned it before. I just thought the Wilton mold I was looking for looked very similar to his. I love Ron Ben Israel's work, such an amazing artist.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 2 May 2010 , 4:33am
post #15 of 21
Rylan Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:24am
post #16 of 21

Eisskween, I believe they look very similar. Thanks for sharing that!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 May 2010 , 3:55pm
post #17 of 21

Those are gorgeous molds and when I googled it, seven possibilities popped up but none of them panned out. Why do they list things on google then not have them on the websites??? icon_rolleyes.gif

mamanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanie Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:36pm
post #18 of 21

Hi, just noticed these were listed, if you are still looking for them.
Set 12 Vintage Baroque Gum Paste Molds Wilton

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 4:32am
post #19 of 21

Could you please give me the exact link for those you found? I didn't see them when I googled your info icon_smile.gif Thanks!

pdesomov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pdesomov Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 9:48pm
post #20 of 21

Hello there,

I have this exact set along with many other cake items for sale. They are new, still have the instructions and come in the case.

If you're interested, please email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks!

Kathy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy99 Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm
post #21 of 21

Hi. yes I have seen them before on ebay a while back. You might want to do a search and see what you find. Never know what shows up icon_smile.gif

Hope that helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%