Show Me A Cake That You've Made For Your Birthday.

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 7 Aug 2013 , 6:44pm by JWinslow

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 8:47pm
post #91 of 115

@ Conniem, Bettercreme is an imitation whipped topping.  Just like Frostin Pride, Pastry Pride and others.  If you have a Smart & Final store they do carry it as well.

@ SwissyKitty, Very pretty cake.

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 11:55pm
post #92 of 115

I usually have to make my own cake if I want one.  Since I work as a pastry chef, the usual response I get is "yours would be better than anything we buy".  Whatever icon_rolleyes.gif.

So, I like Opera Torte and cakes similar to that.  The last one I make was made up of chocolate chiffon, a dacquoise of pecans, cinnamon and espresso, coffee butter cream and chocolate butter cream

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 1:01am
post #93 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by swishykitty 

My birthday cake:  pina colada cake with pineapple cream cheese filling, coconut rum butter-cream, not flavors that anyone in my family would have bought for me ( if they could find this combination).  It was yummy and exactly what I wanted!

Orange and hot pink are one of my favorite color combinations. thumbs_up.gif

OHMYSWEETNESS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHMYSWEETNESS Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 1:31am
post #94 of 115

Yellow Cake with Wiltons Buttercream icing. I colored the icing to coordinate with the 70's Party theme.

I made this cake for my 40Th Birthday 3 yrs ago. I was still pretty new my Icing was really sweet other than that it turned out pretty good. I do plan to make me another cake for myself but it will probably be a small 6" cake.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 1:39am
post #95 of 115

My birthday cake, been wanting to do a spherical tiered cake for a while. Cakes baked in 2 pyrex bowls of different sizes,the middle bit is just an empty can covered in fondant.TFL.I saw it as an opportunity to practice spherical cakes. I keep begging my friends for a cake so I don't have to make mine ,but now they have promised me next year. Fingers crossed.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 1:46am
post #96 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by rychevamp 

I usually have to make my own cake if I want one.  Since I work as a pastry chef, the usual response I get is "yours would be better than anything we buy".  Whatever icon_rolleyes.gif.

So, I like Opera Torte and cakes similar to that.  The last one I make was made up of chocolate chiffon, a dacquoise of pecans, cinnamon and espresso, coffee butter cream and chocolate butter cream

Oh Mmm Gee, that looks and sounds AMAZING!! I want a piece! 

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 2:28am
post #97 of 115

4 Layers of Mud Cake sandwiched with ganache for my birthday this week.

ohsugarsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohsugarsweets Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 2:56am
post #98 of 115

I rushed through and finished this in 2 hours...The star was the hardest part :)

I'm a Cowboys fan (obviously...lol)...I made this for my birthday party last year

Colliegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colliegirl Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 9:49am
post #99 of 115

Ah I did my 50th birthday cake a few years back. Since I've not a had a birthday party since I turned 21 I was adamant I was going to have one and to that end set about creating my own cake to go with my themed party, which was Bollywood!  But alas my imagination isn't as good as others so I copied one from a book, can't remember where I saw it but I saved it off the internet.    The wires were a bit uneven but you get the gist of it.

I tried to copy this cake from a pic I saw of one of kake-girl's numbers.  I was turning the big 50 and having a bollywood themed party for the event.  I really enjoyed doing this cake.

Colliegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colliegirl Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 9:51am
post #100 of 115

Hi Sugarsweets, wondering the glossy finish, did you use the steamer for that?  I ask as I have to make a masquerade mask and want some of it glossy.  Cheers

Jenna1588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenna1588 Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 10:12pm
post #101 of 115

I was away this year for my birthday so I didn't make one. Only started making cakes in April last year so didn't make one last year either. My other half bought me a supermarket cake this year though whilst we were away.. Typical DRY (BONE DRY) Madeira cake with white fondant and balloons. ERGH! I honestly will NEVER buy a shop bought cake ever again. I could bake a cake blind and it would still taste better! 

Gold Star Mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gold Star Mom Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 3:40am
post #102 of 115

This was my first attempt at figurines. My own 50th Birthday Cake! That little dude in the back is my buddy, Grim~That's me minding my own beeswax, and he is always creeping around, this time on a strawberry cake top layer with ginger buttercream, the bottom two layers were white cake , and pound cake in honor of Ma, my Grandmother, who taught me to bake, with strawberry buttercream filling ~

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 4:49am
post #103 of 115

"Gold Star Mom": I'm guessing that the larger figure is a self-portrait, and the smaller one is the Grim Reaper, trying to sneak up?

Gold Star Mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gold Star Mom Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 5:18pm
post #104 of 115

Yes, great guess! I had a double mastectomy after my son was KIA, and I always feel like Grim is sneaking around, so it just clicked when I wanted to make my own bday cake for the first time. I've always made them for my boys, but never for myself. I laugh every time I look at it! It's all buttercream, except the fondant decorations. I added ladybugs at the last minute! Yep, minding my own beeswax, and Grim just sneaking around!

MissAnn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissAnn1 Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 5:25pm
post #105 of 115

Oh how beautiful!!

MissAnn1 Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 5:30pm
post #106 of 115

Oh, I feel the same way. The pictures from the beginning show me how far I have come. I still have a long ways to go but grateful for where I'm at. :-)

MissAnn1 Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 5:30pm
post #107 of 115

Oh, I feel the same way. The pictures from the beginning show me how far I have come. I still have a long ways to go but grateful for where I'm at. :-)

pjckmen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjckmen Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 5:35pm
post #108 of 115
wow! is wonderful. it's the inventor or very good and keep trying possibility. Pog 2
pjckmen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjckmen Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 5:36pm
post #109 of 115
wow! is wonderful. it's the inventor or very good and keep trying possibility. Pog 2
nutnbutluv4ya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nutnbutluv4ya Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 4:52am
post #110 of 115

AVery nice!! I have made several cakes now and these cakes are a challenge. ....job well done for your first cake!

Original message sent by amber1215

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3007799/width/200/height/400[/IMG] This is my birthday cake! I am just starting to get into cake decorating and this is my very first cake that I have decorated.

passion4baking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
passion4baking Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 5:26am
post #111 of 115

AI've never done a cake for my birthday, but next year I just might lol. I'm still thinking up some ideas and its either going to be a cae with lots of roses or aake with butterflies or an under the sea cake. I'm sure I'll change my mind again by the time january rolls around.

FaithBakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithBakesCakes Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 5:09pm
post #112 of 115

My B-Day cake birthday.gif.  Love all things NES.

Cherry Chip cake (guilty pleasure)  - this was my first time using the WASC recipe subbing my fave flavour.

The Controllers are white velvet cake I had left over in the freezer. Greys and red are MMF, black fondant - Satin Ice.  The writing was red food colouring mixed with icing sugar (it worked!! no royal icing needed!)

Did I put enough buttercream!!  It was also my first attempt at IMBC.. I had read somewhere that it tasted like ice cream so... the more the merrier right!?! 

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 5:36pm
post #113 of 115

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "white velvet cake"?

FaithBakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithBakesCakes Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 5:40pm
post #114 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbquikcomjamesl 

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "white velvet cake"?

Good question!  Red velvet without the red colouring and cocoa...would that be a Vanilla Buttermilk Cake?? HAH!

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 6:44pm
post #115 of 115

AThis was my birthday cake from a couple of years ago. White Amaretto with mango filling. Haven't decided what I'm doing this year but something with blackberries for sure. Sorry about the pic quality.

[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3073216/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%