People Want To See Trouble?

Decorating By CHoxie Updated 1 May 2010 , 1:37pm by dguerrant

CHoxie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHoxie Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 17

I know when I watch a NASCAR race, or even a Hockey or Football game, I like to see accidents, or a fight, or someting exciting. When driving in the car and you see flashing lights, you slow down to see what happened.

But I just looked at my cake library and noticed that the pictures with my cake disaster has the most amount of views. Granted it was funny when he fell over and took a nap during transporting, but that seems just wrong. The before picture doesn't even compare with the amount of views.

Anybody else notice this? Do you look for the crashes, not the beauty?

Just wondering. icon_confused.gif

16 replies
Amanda621 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda621 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 17

I sometimes will spend hours looking at the cake disasters when I've had a bad day. Something about seeing something go so wrong tends to make me cheer up a bit. I know it sounds awful, but i guess it's one of those "it could have been worse" kind of things.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 17

That's weird! I always like to look at both. The numbers are quite wide ranged aren't they?!

I'm really sorry that happened to you. icon_sad.gif

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 17

Sorry but now I have to look too...... icon_twisted.gif

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 17

Nice repair job on the turtle. Your other cakes are great too! Love the flamingo and the tiger.

Manotas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manotas Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 17

I rarely look at cake disaster, but now I'm going to look at yours icon_wink.gif There must be something special about it icon_wink.gif

Amanda621 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda621 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 17

One thing I have noticed lately about the cake disasters is that a lot do not look like disasters at all! They are great looking cakes and I cannot for the life of me figure out why they are posted there.

So I want to compliment you on your disaster (weird, right?) because your cake truly was a disaster, and you did a great job fixing it.

Me personally, I would have cried when I opened the box and not known what to do!

Manotas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manotas Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:22pm
post #8 of 17

I looked at it, yes it was a disaster... but the repair work was amazing! I don't even know how you did it!

CHoxie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHoxie Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:32pm
post #9 of 17

I didn't have time to cry, but laughing helped. I called the person who I was taking it to, a very good friend, and she said "Bring it anyway, the cake is still gonna taste good, right? Besides, the kids are going to destroy it anyway when they eat it."

Lots of skewers holding it upright. I took the pictures to show the best sides after the repair. And putting it up against the wall helped too.

NerdyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NerdyGirl Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:38pm
post #10 of 17

Looking at cake disasters reminds me that it happens to everyone, so that I don't get too upset about it when it happens!

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:38pm
post #11 of 17

I know I look at them when I'm having a bad day, or just had my own disaster....helps my feelings to know I'm not alone! thanks for posting your disaster, there's no telling how many people you helped icon_biggrin.gif

anotherslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anotherslice Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 9:01pm
post #12 of 17

I'm truly sorry to hear about your cake disaster, Chris. I've had my own, as well. The cake still tasted good! I look for the beauty, not the crashes.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 9:18pm
post #13 of 17

Now, I had to go look at it. Nice save!! thumbs_up.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 9:49pm
post #14 of 17

This may just be a coincidence, but I notice that the cakes I've posted as Disasters seem to get a lot more views when kids are off school, like at Spring break, Christmas break, etc. I honestly think that they spend time looking at all of our disasters when they're bored!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 May 2010 , 12:51am
post #15 of 17

I never look at cake disasters. The only time I see a cake that has been damaged is when someone post theirs here in the forum.

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 1 May 2010 , 1:35pm
post #16 of 17

Sometimes I have to click on a picture that I can't quite figure out in the small thumbnail (my eyes are 20 years older than I am lol).

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 1 May 2010 , 1:37pm
post #17 of 17

perhaps disaster photos get more looks because, there are fewer of them for all us thousands of us to look at so the ratio is a little skewed, and to be honest, by looking at someone else's ooops moment helps us to remember that we are human too. it can teach us the about what happened/ went wrong so we can prevent it. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

so don't be upset, look at all the other great cakes you have done, add those views up, then look at your disasters, add those up and then compare.

your cakes are AWESOME!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%