Omg...joann's And The Cricut Cake Accessories

Decorating By kimpa Updated 18 May 2010 , 4:42pm by conchita

kimpa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimpa Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 22

So I was in Joann's Fabric this afternoon. Lo and behold they already have the cricut cake and accessories. I already got mine from HSN..

The most important thing. I got extra mats and they had the TOOL KIT. Are you ready....I took in some ac moore and michaels coupons...They gave me the 40%!!!!! I guess the sales people don't really know that is part of cricut!!!! NICE

Hurry up before they figure it out!

21 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 22

Thanks for the heads-up!

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 22

What section of the store were they in? I'll go tonight and get the mats. Thanks!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 22

what is in the tool kit? I'm wondering if it's worth picking one up or not?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

what is in the tool kit? I'm wondering if it's worth picking one up or not?

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=bk0362&channelid=

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:04pm
post #6 of 22

Thanks! I already have everything but the "pin tool"... hmm.

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 22

Gonna check asap!

Djor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Djor Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:10pm
post #8 of 22

thanks thumbs_up.gif

kimpa Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:24pm
post #9 of 22

I thought it would be in the cake section....Nope it was over in the scrapbooking section.

Let me know how you all make out.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 11:27pm
post #10 of 22

I just ran to Joann's and they didn't have any Cricut cake stuff. It doesn't surprise me, we have got to have the worse Joann's out there.

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 1 May 2010 , 12:14am
post #11 of 22

I had to ask for it, because it's not officially on sale they had it in back in tubs, I picked through it and they did give me 40% off too!! yeah extra 12x24 mats!!!!

kimpa Posted 2 May 2010 , 12:26pm
post #12 of 22

I hope some more people can get this to wofk.

love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 2 May 2010 , 1:26pm
post #13 of 22

You can use coupons anytime for Cricut accessories (mats, blades, markers, etc.), you just can't use them on the machine itself and the cartridges icon_smile.gif

Grinolly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Grinolly Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:08pm
post #14 of 22

hi, do you mean in jo-anns, or even michaels or AC moore?

ctinaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctinaw Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:26pm
post #15 of 22

Oh man I didn't know they'd let you use the 40%'s on accessories or I wouldn't have bought my deep cut blade at wal-mart for $30. Drats. Well looks like I'll be getting the accessory kit now icon_biggrin.gif Sweet!

ctinaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctinaw Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:27pm
post #16 of 22

Hm yeah I'm confused - it sounds like you're saying you used michael's coupons at JoAnne's?

love2makecakes Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:36pm
post #17 of 22

Yep, Michaels matches Jo Anns coupons! Just used some myself there last week.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:45pm
post #18 of 22

I picked up some mats at Ms yesterday- the computer was programmed to NOT accept coupons for that item. Oh well...

love2makecakes Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:25pm
post #19 of 22

Not sure if it applies to different Michaels stores or what, but I have used the coupons on mats and blades before!

I just looked at one of my coupons too and it says on them....

Provo Craft electronic machines & Cricut cartridges

To me that doesnt say anything about ALL Cricut products...

Also at each store the checkout people may not be as educated on what you can and can not do. For example: At Jo Ann's I wanted this tote. It was on sale on the website, but not in the store. I was told by a store manager that they would match the online price if I were to bring in the printed webpage showing the sale item with price. I did this, the checkout person said they do not do that. I told her how I just spoke to a manager the day before who told me I could, she looked at me as if I were wrong and she was right. She called the manager up and explained, the manager said oh yes, we do match the website. So that being said sometimes they are not fully informed.

I believe the checkout people can override some coupons too so it maybe that the person that is doing the checking out might also just assume you can not use coupons on all Cricut products, if one were to point out what the coupon says they may realize that it is vague and they should honor the 40% off on accessories.

I think it is worth it to possibly as the manager in my opinion!

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:54pm
post #20 of 22

Since I'm addicted to the coupons, I've learned how to get "around" the stores that will and won't accept them. I've noticed some Michaels scan the coupon, but the older ones punch in an over-ride...I like the over-ride stores and if I'm doing something sneaky, I'll go to that store! icon_twisted.gif The clerks really don't pay attention and probably don't know what a Cricut is anyway, so they wouldn't pay attention to each item being apart of Cricut.

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 5 May 2010 , 4:06pm
post #21 of 22

both michaels and acmoore in my area will not take coupons for anything to do with the cricut cake.... so i'll have to try joann's thanks for the heads up

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:42pm
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbymark

both michaels and acmoore in my area will not take coupons for anything to do with the cake.... so i'll have to try joann's thanks for the heads up

yes i try the stores around and they won't take them either, I don't know why. i also went to JoAnn's and they don't have cake decorating stuff from provo (cricut) so don't know if they will take my coupon there either. thumbsdown.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%