Stenciling On Stabilized Whipped Cream?

Decorating By ToniMarieLovesCuppies Updated 11 Mar 2016 , 5:34pm by kakeladi

ToniMarieLovesCuppies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ToniMarieLovesCuppies Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 12

Is it possible to stencil on stabilized whipped cream? My boyfriend is not a buttercream fan, and wants his cake covered in this. He also wants the mask from the Anime series Bleach on top, which I was thinking about stenciling on from a picture.

Is this at all possible, or should I find another way? icon_sad.gif

<3 Toni

11 replies
AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 12

I wouldn't risk stencil, but that's me. I would do a FBCT.

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 12

How about a Chilled (NOT frozen) Chocolate Transfer since he doesn't enjoy BC. Make it the same as a FBCT just pipe melted candy wafers instead of frosting

ToniMarieLovesCuppies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ToniMarieLovesCuppies Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 12

thank you for your ideas! i appreciate it!!! icon_smile.gif

emilyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyg Posted 1 May 2010 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 12

TMoney, you can stencil the design with SugarVeil onto a greased silicone mat and when set, peel and place it onto the stabilized whipped cream surface (also, you might want to take a look at the Tapestry Cake thread above for more info) - Michele at SugarVeil

emilyg Posted 1 May 2010 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 12

Oops - I wrote "Tapestry" above, but I meant Damask. The thread is "Bride wants Damask Design..." - Michele at SugarVeil

momba5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momba5 Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:10am
post #7 of 12

I would really like to know how to do sugar veil that can be peeled off a mat and placed on a cake...even whipped cream! I looked for the thread you suggested and I couldn't find the information. Could you send me more specific instructions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyg

TMoney, you can stencil the design with SugarVeil onto a greased silicone mat and when set, peel and place it onto the stabilized whipped cream surface (also, you might want to take a look at the Tapestry Cake thread above for more info) - Michele at SugarVeil

emilyg Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:10pm
post #8 of 12

Momba, here's the link to the SugarVeil damask cake post: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=678239&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=30

Also, besides the instructions/demo from our "Dessert Garnishes" DVD which shows stenciling SugarVeil, here's a pdf from our website at www.sugarveil.com that may be helpful for you:

http://www.sugarveil.com/pdfs/sugarveil-monogramming.pdf[url][/url]

momba5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momba5 Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:56pm
post #9 of 12

thanks emilyg!

Faru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faru Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 3:48am
post #10 of 12

Hi

i am also wondering if i canstencil a damask design on whipped cream iced cake... I dont want to go sugarveil route so please suggest ifu have ideas

also what do umean by stabilized whipped cream?

emilyg Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 4:58pm
post #11 of 12

Faru, since SugarVeil-decorated cakes can be frozen, the decorations can also be placed onto ice cream and whipped cream cakes, too. You can "stabilize" whipped cream by adding a bit of SugarVeil to the cream when whipping it, but SugarVeil also works without stabilizing the whipped cream, too. Here's an example of a frozen whipped cream cake decorated with Extra Dark Chocolate SugarVeil Icing (and there's more info on our sugarveil.com website under "Techniques"):

[postimage id="2941" thumb="900"]

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 5:34pm
post #12 of 12

I think it was Frances Kuyper, the original CakeLady who taught us how to do something like this.

Cover the area you want to stencil with tulle (bridal veil) then the stencil.  Very lightly spread soft icing over stencil.  It is best to work with a small stencil so it caresses the cake as tight as possible.  Peel the stencil and tulle away.  I have not tried this on whipped cream but it is worth practicing to see how it works for you.   I would ice the cake, allow it to set up before proceeding w/the stencil work.  Good luck and please let us see how this works out - post pix both good & bad so others can learn from your experience.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%