Poured Fondant Made With Ck Dry Fondant???

Baking By misterc Updated 1 May 2010 , 3:39pm by misterc

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 7

I purchased CK dried fondant to make poured icing or poured fondant. Once upon a time there was a recipe for it but I can't find it online now. Does anyone know how to make it. I need it for tomorrow

6 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 7

Try their website. If not there send an email to customer service.

misterc Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks but it isn't on their website, it just says you can make it but doesn't give clear instructions. I wish I had time but i have to make my cupcakes today. I am just going to use regular fondant because I don't have time to wait for a response. I'll have to email them for future reference.

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 7

FAQ #1: I ordered this product. How much water do I mix with it. D. McClendon 21 Forster pky Mt. Vernon,NY 10552
Answer: 1 LB DRY FONDANT 2 TBS MILK OR WHIPING CREAM 6 TBS BUTTER OR MARGARINE SUBSTITUTE WATER FOR MILK

FAQ #2: once made into a cream center, how does it (dry fondant) need to be stored? Do filled candies need to be refridgerated?
Answer: WRAP IN PLASTIC TO KEEP IT FROM DRYING OUT AND STORE IN A COOL PLACE. THE FILLED CANDIES DO NOT NEED REFIRGERATED.

FAQ #3: Can this product be used to make rolled fondant for cakes? And if so, should it be mixed differently than the instructions say?
Answer: Dry fondant is used to make candy centers and icings. The rolled fondant used on cakes is a separate product and comes in ready to roll packages

right off there website hope this helps

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:11pm
post #5 of 7

I always thought that dry fondant was for candy centers. Poured fondant is something else. And rolled fondant is something else again.

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:19pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I always thought that dry fondant was for candy centers. Poured fondant is something else. And rolled fondant is something else again.

thats what their website says aswell. dry is for candy centers and so on...

misterc Posted 1 May 2010 , 3:39pm
post #7 of 7

When it says it can make icing it is refering to the poured icing you cover petit fours with. I assumed that is poured fondant. At any rate that is what I was trying to make. I played around with it and was able to get it the right consistancy. Thanks for the info. Here is a link to the cupcakes I made with it. I need practice but I like the over all look.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-gallery_display_1660608.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%