Okay Satin Ice Vs. Fondx, My Opinion

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 31 Mar 2016 , 2:04am by maybenot

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:42am
post #31 of 42

It's so funny I read all this- and ordered fondant. Couldn't believe it was so pricey- then I realized I ordered the wrong kind. I paid for fondarific and wanted fondx.

Called GSA this AM after sending emails only to be told on the phone that it was too late- I was stuck with the pricier fondarific, but then got an email saying they'd send me the fondx.

It's gonna be a surprise when I get by box!!

Hopefully both of them are good enough to do some wedding cakes with next week!

I've seen SI VS Fondx, and SI vs Fondarific, but not Fondarific VS Fondx....is the Fondarific worth the extra $$?

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:48am
post #32 of 42

I just used Fondarific yesterday, and I was impressed! I was able to roll it super thin, and barely used any powdered sugar! I think I may convert...

SweetsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsCakes Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 5:16pm
post #33 of 42

Okay I thought I was losing my mind! I have been using satin ice for about 5 years and in the last 6 months its been a nightmare. Tearing, bubbles, the works. I haven't had to redo laying my cakes in fondant in years. The other week I had to rip the fondant off 4 times before it looked decent and even then there was still elephant skin corners.
What in the world is going on with satin ice? Something is definitely different. SOOOOOooooo Im going to have to make the switch to Fondx, hope it works out.
Satin ice almost made me throw a $700 cake out the window LOL

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 5:34pm
post #34 of 42

I just got some of the Fondx Elite... Smells great but I haven't tried it yet... Cal Java Onlinedotcom sells it. Has anybody used it yet?

Debbie_Satin2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie_Satin2010 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:40am
post #35 of 42

To our valued Satin Ice CUSTOMERS:

It has come to our attention that select users have had some issues using Satin Ice recently, while others have had no problems at all. Over the past few months we have implemented some new machinery to our production line to facilitate the growing demand of Satin Ice. The new machinery proved to be very effective, however, temperature and humidity generated by the internal mechanisms affected a small # of batches. This has all since been rectified and we are confidant that Satin Ice is back to the quality and consistency that so many of you have loved!! Quality is of utmost importance to us and customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal.
We are always available for support and strive to maintain excellence with our customers.

Please refere to our website; www.satinfinefoods.com for updates to our expanding line of fondant, testimonials, classes and to see who is using Satin Ice.
Again, we thank you all for your continued support!! Debbie

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:09am
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie_Satin2010

To our valued CUSTOMERS:

It has come to our attention that select users have had some issues using recently, while others have had no problems at all. Over the past few months we have implemented some new machinery to our production line to facilitate the growing demand of . The new machinery proved to be very effective, however, temperature and humidity generated by the internal mechanisms affected a small # of batches. This has all since been rectified and we are confidant that is back to the quality and consistency that so many of you have loved!! Quality is of utmost importance to us and customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal.
We are always available for support and strive to maintain excellence with our customers.

Please refere to our website; www.satinfinefoods.com for updates to our expanding line of fondant, testimonials, classes and to see who is using .
Again, we thank you all for your continued support!! Debbie

That explains so much! Good to know. icon_biggrin.gif

totallymomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
totallymomma Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 3:23pm
post #37 of 42

I have been following the threads with great interest. After having tried Wilton (dry, hard and gummy), Satin Ice (dry and hard to knead), I have stayed with either Fondx or Fondarific. Have used Chocopan, especially when doing chocolate cakes.

If you want to use Fondx or Fondarific for sculpting, floral work or bows, I would suggest that you add a product called CMC rolled fondant stabilizer. In effect it gives the fondant a gumpaste quality; hardens nicely once dry and is not gummy. It's availabel from CalJava.

travmand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travmand Posted 19 May 2014 , 7:00pm
post #38 of 42

ACan anyone help me with a GFS catalog ID for Fondx? They can't seem to find it.

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 19 May 2014 , 9:24pm
post #39 of 42

A

Original message sent by travmand

Can anyone help me with a GFS catalog ID for Fondx? They can't seem to find it.

I seriously doubt that GFS--Gordon Food Servive--carries FondX. I don't think they carry any rolled fondant products.

You can order it directly from caljavaonline.com

travmand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travmand Posted 19 May 2014 , 10:29pm
post #40 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by maybenot 

I seriously doubt that GFS--Gordon Food Servive--carries FondX. I don't think they carry any rolled fondant products.

You can order it directly from caljavaonline.com

I'm such a knuckle head....read through these posts and I was interpreting GSA as GFS.  GFS probably thought I was nuts when I called them!  Thanks.

obanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obanna Posted 25 Mar 2016 , 7:02am
post #41 of 42

Very nice article , a point though :

There is a good brand  , Cake Craft .. Their fondant , Gumpaste and color gels are really easy to use .. Fondant is easy to Roll and smells and tastes great .

www.cakecraftusa.com 

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 2:04am
post #42 of 42

Quote by @obanna on 5 days ago

Very nice article , a point though :

There is a good brand  , Cake Craft .. Their fondant , Gumpaste and color gels are really easy to use .. Fondant is easy to Roll and smells and tastes great .

www.cakecraftusa.com 

............but when you go to the website there are no prices...........Wonder if they'd honor the $0.00 for a 5kg bucket should I place an order????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%