Opinions Needed Please

Decorating By blueydmom2004 Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 6:42pm by jammjenks

blueydmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueydmom2004 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 3

I have some gift certificates at Wilton and would like to use them before my discount is gone. I'm trying to decide between Crystal Clear Cake Divider Set (that's the clear twistable columns set) or the Tall Tier Cake Stand (the one with the big giant column in the middle). I'm leaning more towards the clear set but that's mainly because I don't know anything about the other one. I'm looking for quick opinions because I would like to send in my order ASAP...like tonight or tomorrow! Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif
And all opinions are appreciated!

2 replies
mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 3

I have the tall tier stand. I use it for cupcake displays more than anything else. It works fine for that....it isn't completely stable though...even when fully loaded it still wobbles. I'm in Canada and my supplier has said they have discontinued the replacement columns for it (I ordered a couple of extras when they advised they were discontinuing) and I have broken them before. JMO.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 3

I'd vote for the tall tiers stand. It is adjustable, so you can use just a couple plates if you need to. Here is a cupcake wedding I did using it. It is fully assembled in the center and the two on the sides are just the bottom two tiers each. The florist covered it in greenery.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%