Need Bridal Shower Cake Help

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 3:08am by prterrell

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 9

I just got a call from my boss and she asked me to make a bridal shower cake for Friday. The colors are Tiffany blue, white and black. I'm drawing a blank anyone have any great ideas that don't take days to make? TIA

8 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 9

Would you think, also, that these are the colors on the invitations? I have made bridal shower cakes,etc. using the invitaions or napkins, etc. Also, will it be tiered or 1 layer, etc. i also , like making the doll cake, using the wonder mold, etc. I put this on top of an 8" cake. YOu take the head and arms off. Then you cover the bodice in black fondant. Then deocrate , looking like a bridal gown. Then make you some tiffany blue fantasy flowers , and lay at bottom of dress. I see many on this site. I have been asked to do this seveal time. hth

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 9

They just want a small cake. It will be surprise so I can't get a hold of an invitation.

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 9

I really like the wedding gown cakes. They are simple and elegant. Bring in the colors in the bouquet.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 9

Instead of using the doll pan, u could just do a flat cut out fondant wedding dress - although u would need to know what dress she has!

Friday is really short notice. So quick and easy - basic shape, maybe some flowers, or stripes/ dots/ streamers.
xx

Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 9

You could do a cupcake bouquet. Paint the pot(s) black, do white flowers and tie a tiffany blue ribbon around the pot.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 9

I,m still trying. How about icing your cake with tiffany blue color. Then make a few black eyed anemonies. you will see these on jwfowers.com. they have white petals and black center. I assume it will be maybe a 9x13x2. Or maybe a small round or square cake? hth

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:50pm
post #8 of 9

The gown cake I was talking about is a round cake-8". Then it has the dress laying over it. Very simple and pretty and can be done in any size.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:08am
post #9 of 9

Here are 3 ideas:

Cover cake in white fondant. Create horizonal stripes with black fondant that go up the sides and then across the cake. Top with a blue bow.

Ice cake in blue, use white and black fondant to create a pattern of funky circles all over the cake.

Cover cake in white fondant. Use black royal icing to stencil a damask design around the sides. Create blue spikey flowers to go in a bunch in the middle of the top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%